Home

Knowing he was coming back and waiting for the car to pull into the compound felt like an eternity.

I stood near the garage with my hands fidgeting, the cool breeze blowing my hair.

"Rock paper scissors while we wait?" Wooyoung offers beside me.

I shake my head. "You'd just lose again."

He rolls his eyes and faces forward again.

When Hongjoong called letting me know he was coming back, San screamed into the phone to make me make sure Wooyoung was there the moment they all returned.

"Are they here yet?" Wooyoung asks impatiently.

"Do we see a car rolling into here, San sticking halfway out to try and reach you? No. They aren't here yet."

Wooyoung paces on his feet, kicking at the pebbles below him. "Joong usually let's us all know when he's coming home. I guess you're special enough to him for him to tell you first."

My face heats up a bit at him comment. Joong and I are dating but we haven't officially told any of them yet. But it's not like some of them don't know.

"Maybe," is all I can manage to say.

~~~

Another while passes and the sun starts to set over the city.

The sky fades into various shades of orange, red and pink. The pink in the sky reminds me of Hongjoong's fluffy pink hair and I only grow more impatient with each passing moment.

I hear footsteps and Wooyoung's and my head turn to our left. Mingi appears around the corner and gives a little wave.

"Still waiting?" He says.

I nod.

"They'll be back soon. They had a long drive."

And on cue, the sad little car turns and rolls into the driveway.

I can't help my smile from stretching from ear to ear.

I lift up my arms and wave at the blacked out car, hoping I'm seen.

The car stops and I hear the doors unlock.

When I try to take a step forward, Wooyoung pushes me on to the ground and rushes to the door to get to San.

My ass hits the gravel and I let out a little wince. I'm gonna get that bitch back.

The door opens and Seonghwa barely manages to step out as Wooyoung crawls in.

"What the fuck.." Seonghwa mutters.

Then Yeosang steps out of the driver's seat looking absolutely disgusted at the scene unfolding in the back of the car.

"Where's Joong?" I ask, my smile starting to fade.

"He's not back yet?" Yeosang asks carefully.

"N-no..."

"He was supposed to be back by now?" Mingi asks.

Yeosang nods.

"We need to go find him then," I announce, starting to feel myself shake.

Mingi, Yeosang and Seonghwa look at between each other. They must be conversing in some unspoken language.

Then strong hands grip my shoulders. "Boo!" The voice behind me says in my ear.

Instinctively, I grab the person behind me and throw them over my shoulder on to the ground.

I'm shocked to see Hongjoong laying in front of with the wind knocked out of him.