Doorways

Hongjoong's POV

It's been eight days since I left the compound with my makeshift team. Each day I get closer and closer to strangling one or more of these idiots. All they do is complain or argue with each other.

If I could have, I would have come alone, but this job requires the finesse of others.

What's the job?

Taking down, eliminating, killing, whatever people want to call it, a sad group of mercenaries who've been interfering with my work.

It's only a group of about a half a dozen middle aged men thinking they know how the world should be run.

They've been injuring some of my informants, taking money from banks where I like to keep my assets, and they've been stirring up trouble in my childhood community.

Time to teach them a lesson.

Sitting together with San and Seonghwa in a cramped car, Yeosang pulls into the parking lot of a restaurant that says its closed for renovations.

Perfect hideout for not so perfect people, if you ask me.

On my left, Seonghwa gathers an armful of guns and makes sure they're loaded with ammo and ready to fire at a moment's notice. San, on the other hand, is wrapping his hands in bandages. He expects a fight. I tried to tell him until I was blue in the face that these old geezers have bellies so round that punching them will make them jiggle like jelly, it won't bring pain.

"For god's sake, San," I say, "Take at least a knife or a pistol."

I pass him a small gun that he reluctantly slides into his belt.

I slick my hair back and make sure my own gun is secure in its holster at my hip. I wrap my gloved hand over the metal and let out a small sigh of relief.

"Ready, boss?" Yeosang says looking at me through the rear view mirror.

I nod and urge San and Seonghwa out of the car.

"So we spent a week tracking these old men down just for a few minutes of fun?" Seonghwa jokes at my side.

"Better than that amusement park raid, huh?" I joke back, playfully hitting his chest with the back of my hand.

He scoffs at the memory and adjusts his hands on his gun.

San pulls at the locked front door. It doesn't budge after a few pulls so he takes pin out from his mouth (which frankly I don't know he keeps it there without choking on it) and picks the lock until it clicks open.

San slips in, fists up.

Hwa and I follow behind, keeping our steps light and somewhat soundless.

In the back of the restaurant, we all hear glasses clinking and hearty laughing. Classic old men style.

I motion for San to look ahead. He gives the all clear and the three of us step in to the room.

All laughing secedes instantly.

"Are we interrupting your celebration, men?" I ask carelessly.

A big, burly man with a beer stained wife beater steps forward. "You're trespassing, lads. I'm goin' to ask you once to leave."

He takes out a pistol from the front of his pants and lazily waves it at me.

Without hesitation, I shoot the gun out of his hands, causing shouts to erupt from the apparent eight men here.

One for each day I've been away from her.

Nope. Stop that. Here on a job, no distractions.