Glass isn't that sharp

"Hello to you as well, birthgiver," I spit out at the woman who slightly resembles me sits across from me. "How about you let Hongjoong free first and then I'll sign whatever shit you need me to get over with."

"Y/N, that is no way to speak to your mother who raised you. You're still my child, you'll do as I say." She crosses her arms over her chest and rolls her eyes at my remark.

"I thought the whole point of this was so that I was no longer your child?" I raise my eyebrow.

"The quicker we get this over with, the quicker it can be so."

"Let him free first."

"No." She clicks her tongue.

"Then we'll be here for a while."

"If you choose to not sign, we will use Hongjoong how we need to... to persuade you."

"Kill him, I die too. Then you lose my signing ability."

"Forgery is still always an option." She pushes the stack of papers towards my side of the table, along with a black glass pen with jewels embedded in it. 

"You don't know how I sign, and I assume with documents of this caliber of delicacy.... they'll be thoroughly checked over. So... I think that option is out."

Lazily, she points to the first line where I'd need to sign with her long claws. "Here, please."

"That sounds a little bit like begging. Do it some more and I might consider signing."

Her eyes roll again and she gives a pointed look to one of the big men holding me in front of her. His tight grasp of his fingers leave my arm and some feeling starts to return to it. And then he slips out of the room.

"He'll return in about four minutes with Hongjoong's limp corpse if you don't sign this." My mother snarls out with a slight smirk on her painted lips.

"And if I do?"

"Then Hongjoong will be set free."

"I need proof that he's alive right now."

Her phone appears, and her nails click over the screen while she taps something in.

And a moment later, a ding resounds and she shows me a small video clip of Hongjoong looking into my father's phone's camera, tears pouring down his face, looking so frail and scared.

I swallow. Fuck, they aren't lying. And I can't stall much more.

"Ok... ok. I'll sign."

"Wonderful." She points to the first dotted line again this time with a broad smile.

My bloodied fingers grip the already slick pen, and it hovers over the paper. "But first... I need to know exactly what this contract or whatever entails."

"A parental divorce from their child. By signing this, you give up all claims to this family, including blood relations, inheritance, support, and anything in between."

"Am I still allowed to visit?"

"No."

"What if I need an organ transplant and the doctors identify you as blood relatives eligible to donate?"

"No."

Stay strong, Joong. I'm doing my best.

"Damn, that's rough. Ok, what does this first one do?"

"Jesus, Y/N, just sign, you're not stalling." Her hand slams down on the table.

"But I am." I say with a wink.