Vasec-time

Hongjoong called around to some sources he had and finally found a doctor both he and Yeosang trusted enough with Joong's baseballs. It took longer than I had expected but Hongjoong kept saying he wasn't just going to let anyone down there.

As the appointment drew nearer and nearer, I could tell that anxiety and memories of his past were haunting him. He was fiddling with his earrings and rings much more than usual. I tried calming him by playing games with him or getting him to do little tasks to keep his brain occupied, but you could always see the glaze in his eyes that let me know he was elsewhere.

I tried talking to him about it once, but he wasn't in the talking mood.

"Joongie," I'd said one night while he sat on my bed cross legged and I was sitting at my computer.

"Hmm?" He hummed, not looking up at me.

"Do you want to talk about why you're so nervous about this appointment?"

"I- I'm not nervous, Y/N."

"Tell me that while looking at me."

He looked up at me, his hands still folded into each other. "I'm just fine."

"Hongjoong. I'm the last person you should be lying to. I can see you're worried, and you have every reason to be. It's all going to be fine." I offered a smile in which he didn't return.

"I'm fine. You don't need to be so focused on me." He sighed.

And that was the end of that conversation. 

Currently, he was packing up things he might need while he's away. I told him I he wouldn't to bring too much since he won't be gone for too long, but he insisted otherwise. 

He has a small duffle bag at his side, stuffed full of whatever the hell he deemed fit.

"You might as well take a larger suitcase if you're going to pack that much." I tease while sitting crossed legged on his bed.

"I just might." He responds and stuffs another shirt into the abyss of a bag.

His appointment isn't until later this afternoon. I offered to go with him, but he just shrugged it off. I understand why. Seeing me there nervous about him would make him more nervous. He was already going through a lot as is.

Seonghwa is going with him though. Hongjoong needs someone to drive him around, and it makes sense to have a close ally with him in case something goes awry. Hwa doesn't visibly show as much emotions as the rest of us. So there's that too.

Speak of the devil, Seonghwa comes up to the door, his hands at his sides and clears his throat. "You almost ready? It's going to take us a bit to get there."

"Yeah yeah, Hwa. Just packing up a few things and I'll be right out. Maybe while you're waiting you could bring the car around." Hongjoong didn't even look back at Seonghwa as he spoke.

"Okay... as you request, Sir." And then Seonghwa was out of sight.

"Sir, huh?" I joke to Joong.

"Was I a bit too demanding?"

"No no. Next time ask him to make you dinner while you're at it."

"Har har. Maybe I will." Hongjoong uses his hands to push the contents in his bag down deeper to squish them into a smaller mass. It barely works. He manages to zip the bag up completely, but the zipper looks like a slight breeze might make it bust.

Hongjoong grasps the bag in his hand and stands up in front of me.

He stays there for a second and raises his eyebrow.