Remus X reader (edited)

as I was nearing the Gryffindor common rooms with a large mug of hot chocolate for my boyfriend as he hadn't been feeling too well these past few days. He missed classes all day today and when I finally found out why I knew I had to cheer him up as he would do it for me. slowly I made my way up the stairs to his dorm room careful not to spill the hot liquid I was carrying. when I reached his dorm I gave a soft gentle knock on his door and waited until I heard a small faint voice saying. 'come in'

I gradually opened the door and immediately laid eyes on him, he looked pasty white like a ghost and as if he would faint any second. As carefully as I could I rushed to his side placed the steaming cup on his bedside table and sat sideways on his bed reaching my hand out to gently brush his hair away from his face and soothingly stroke his forehead hoping to give him some sort of comfort. when my skin made contact with him I was alarmed at how hot he felt, as quick as a flash I was up and in his bathroom grabbing a small white cloth and damply wetting it with ice-cold water before returning to my spot next to him and laying the cold cloth against his forehead.

'what are you doing here' Remus asked while faintly opening his eyes and staring at me.

'what do you mean? what am I doing here? Your my boyfriend of course I'm going to look after you. I would have been here sooner but James, Sirius and Peter didn't tell me till about 15 minutes ago.' I replied while gently taking his hand in mine and soothingly running my thumb back and forward.

'I know I told them not to say anything because you shouldn't have to do this' he said with a hint of anger which I couldn't understand as it wasn't his or my fault he was ill it was just something that happened.

'well you should have let them tell me because I care about you a lot and that won't ever change no matter what happens, I'll always be at your side especially if you are ill.' I replied while staring at him lovingly.

'you shouldn't have to do this, it isn't your job' he snapped while forcefully removing his hand from my own. I felt my eyes pool with tears as he had never spoken to me in this manner.

'Remus this is my job, it's my job as your girlfriend to look after you when you're sick or cheer you up when you're sad because I love you' I said slightly panicking as we've never told each other that but I knew, I loved Remus Lupin.

'I think you should go' he replied completely disregarding my last statement as if it meant nothing. he tuned away not even looking at me. I was heartbroken I just put myself out there telling him how I loved him and now I think I've just messed up everything.

'R-Remus you can't be serious. did you hear me? I. Love. You. I understand if you can't say it back that you feel like you are not ready but please don't shut me out. I pleaded with him my voice cracking.

'Just go ' was all he said, I didn't even realise I was crying until I felt small drops of water land on my hand. shakingly I stood up and just stared at his un-moving body stance, he couldn't even look me in the eyes.

'r-remus' I said trying to get him to look at me. faintly I could hear the the distant noises of laughter.

'I SAID GO Y/N WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT? YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK THIS WERE DONE HOW ABOUT THAT? I AND YOU ARE FINISHED I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ANYMORE' Remus said while shouting at me. I felt as though his words had physically pushed me as the weight of the word sunk in, I lost my footing and took a few steps back trying to find my balance, I could hear the noises of running coming closer to the dorm. I felt my hands shaking, my brain screaming and repeating his words over and over.

'what's going on' James asked while Sirius and Peter burst into the room. I didn't reply I didn't even spare them a glance I stayed on my spot unmoving staring into the eyes of the man I love pleading for him to realise what he said was a mistake and he does want me. but he doesn't his face stays unmoving and stone cold, with a burning anger radiating from his eyes and body. With that I turned around putting a hand to my mouth hopefully muffling the heartbroken sobs threatening to break free from my throat, I ran past James, Sirius and Peter avoiding their looks of puzzle and concern.