James Sirius Potter x Reader

Requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I rest my head on Lily's shoulder I can't help but let my mind wander while watching the flames of the fire dancing in the air. I can't help but think about my long time crush on Lily's brother James, since first year me and lily have been joined at the hip. As time went on I was introduced to her family and there is where my small crush prospered into what it is today.

Thankfully lily seen the distant far off looks I give her brother when I think no one is noticed and quickly pieced together the puzzle about my crush, she wasn't angry like I expected her to be she was rather pleased in the sense that if me and James do work out then we'll be sisters by marriage. But I know it will never happen as James is the year above us.

My mother Hannah Abott always has her nose in my love life, not that I mind anyway she's my best friend except for Lily, the person I tell everything to. She quickly caught on to the reason for my blushing cheeks when talking to the potters, unfortunately when confronting me about these feelings my dad Neville longbottom overheard. It was an awkward half hour to say the least, as their only daughter they want to make sure what I'm doing will give me the best in life.

"Y/n/n" lily sang in my ear pulling me out of my thoughts. I sat up slightly confused looking around the small group consisting of me,Lily, James and Albus all staring intently at me. "What ?" I asked, confused and slightly embarrassed at all the states. "We have to go in groups to Hogsmeade tomorrow do you want to come with us ?" Albus spoke up while lifting his feet to test on the small table in front of us. "Oh yeah of course if you don't mind" I smiled gratefully before placing my head back on Lily's shoulder. "Course not, your basically family y/n" James smiled warmly before nudging albus feet causing a large bang when albus feet collided with the ground, this caused James to get a rather large slap around the back of the head.

The next morning I was up rather early, I did my usual routine of going for a shower and drying my hair. I then picked out an outfit while humming a soft tune "y/n/n can you help me pick an outfit pleasseee" lily gasped out frantically while throwing herself down in the bed on her back. I only laughed before making my way over to her cupped where I found a pair of jeans and a flowery top along with her black converse.

Finally I got ready myself, I looked at lily and realised she would be a while as she still wants out of the shower just singing her heart out "I'll meet you in the common room lily" I shouted out hoping she would hear me over the downpour of water from out of the bathroom. Taking that as my queen to leave I walked down the small spiral staircase before finally resting my sled down on the couch in front of the fire. I watched as the flames danced with one another like a synchronised dance, until the space before me dipped and a figure now sat in the once empty space. It was James.

Your outfit:

"Hey y/n/n" he spoke out softly, "hey James, lily should be out soon I hope you know what she's like" I laughed slightly while crossing one leg over the other

"Hey y/n/n" he spoke out softly, "hey James, lily should be out soon I hope you know what she's like" I laughed slightly while crossing one leg over the other. From there me and James got in like a house on fire, we talked non stop,our conversation seemed endless until our eyes met and it was as if the whole wolf stopped everything else zoned out and the only thing left was me and him. I got my cheeks heated up  in embarrassment but I didn't dare move my gaze. Slowly James started edging over ever so slightly until all one of us had to do was lean over and our lips would meet. I took a deep breath before slowly rinsing the extra step in leaning over. I felt my lips graze his.

"We ready to go" Lily's voice boomed from the stairwell causing me and James to jump back in awkwardness. I walked towards the stairs while James walked toward the exit. "Y-yeah come on let's go" I stuttered out of shock and Nerves curled through my veins. Linking her arm with mine, me and Lily set off and trudged through the portrait of hope behind James. From there we met albus in the great hall, all four of us walked from the great hall to the carriages where luckily one was. I sat in the seat next to James, our hands brushed together ever so often causing my face to heat up.

We spent hours on our feet from shopping, we went to a small bookstore where they had to prank a sweetie shop until finally we rested in the three broomsticks. James took in the drink order before setting off for the bar, from there me and lily placed our belongings on the floor and around the chair we sat on albus had found some friends from school and echoed to spend some time with them for a while but promised he'd come back for a drink before we had to leave.

"Here you go ladies" James smiled while pacing a butter beer informing me and Lily, for the next short while me, Lily and James spoke on endless topics. Me and James catching each other's eyes every so often cau a small redness to creep up on our cheeks. "Omg I've got to go, I have to talk to Rose about herbology. I'll see you later. '' Lily gasped before gathering her stuff and running out the door. Smiling awkwardly I sipped on my butter beer before placing it down, I looked around slightly until I caught James watching me intently.

"You've got a bit of something-'' he started before pointing to the corner of his mouth, making me blush in embarrassment and trying to wipe it off. ''Her, let me get it" he whispered softly while reaching over and using her thumb to wipe the reminiscences off. "There" he smiled while sitting back in his seat comfortably, a small hint of a blush resting on his cheeks. "Thank you" I smiled gratefully. From there we talked about our parents and all their funny moments which made us both laugh "but seriously tho your dad was a hero that day, if it wasn't for him my dad wouldn't have been able to go what he did" James smiled, a true genuine smile radiating truth and honestly form his words. "Thank you, my father is my inspiration he's the one that gave me the advice on my crush on James and told me to just be my word as there's no point in being something your not" I smiled warmly thinking back to that day when I looked at James I saw he had a look of shock and disbelief plastered in his face. Finally it felt led and I'd spoken too much my hand leapt to my lips in shock.

"I-I I'm so sorry I don't understand why I told you that I must have got carried away" I cried worriedly trying to salvage any friend I have left with him. "Hey it's okay, but if it's any constellation I really like you too, ever since we met through lily I've always found myself drawn to you" he smiled shyly while looking me in the eyes. I couldn't help but smiled ignoring the heat on my cheeks, he started inching ever so closer until our lips nearly met. "Are you okay with this?" He whispered his breath vouching off my lips, I didn't say anything except wrapping my arms around his neck and crashing my lips to his.

His lips were warm and soft, his smell ever so hypnotising. I felt butterfly's swarm in my stomach, my heart was beating out my chest as our lips tangled together. Breaking away for air and resting our foreheads on one another to huff out a laugh and smile. "Wow" was all I could muster out. He didn't say anything except crash his lips to one once more. Just before we could go any further a couch interrupted us and there stood Lily and Albus smiling from ear to ear looking at the pair of us. "You owe me 5 gallons albus" lily sang before taking a seat. "Yous country has waited until after Christmas to get together '' Albus hiffed before forking out 5 gallons from his pocket. Me and James just laughed before he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rested his other hand in my thigh. I smiled happily looking at the people I care for and smiling happily before singing back in the conversation wrapped in James arms.