James Potter x reader (edited)

My throat is burning, I feel like at any moment it's going to give out. We've been here for hours back and forth arguing. All because he keeps putting Lily before me, before our relationship. For the past couple of months since we've come back to school for 6th year he's been cancelling on me and going on with Lily. Countless times I've been standing for hours at our arranged spot only to be disappointed when he doesn't show. The only excuse I get is "I'm sorry y/n I was Lily and we lost track of time why don't we go out tonight"

I was officially sick of it especially since he promised me this time he would make it. After standing near a hidden corridor he told me to go to and didn't show up, I stormed back to Gryffindor's common room and up the stairs to his and his friend's dorm. I didn't even knock. I flung the door open, and Sirius let out a girlish scream at the shock of my entrance. Usually, I would laugh and take the mick out of him but I was too angry. I felt like steam was coming out of my ears.

"James Fleamont Potter" I sneered while staring into my boyfriend's eyes. The room's atmosphere dropped and everyone went silent while watching what happened. I only ever call the boys their full name when I'm angry, James looked shocked and confused at his full name being said as he believes he's done nothing wrong.

"How dare you treat me like a fool, time after time I give you a chance and you throw it back into my face. When will you grow up and pay attention to your girlfriend, and not your precious lily flower? When will you make it to the dates you've arranged" I sneered while crossing my arms. When I mentioned the name James used for Lily before we got together, his face dropped and then turned as white as a sheet when he remembered our date. Remus dragged Sirius and Peter out of the room concluding that this argument is a private matter.

Neither of us had said anything, James stood at the opposite end of the room staring at me in complete shock, mouth opening and closing like a goldfish splutters of incoherent words coming from his mouth. "Y-y/n that's not true, I admit I've missed a few dates but it's not that big a deal, Lily has needed me more than you so what do you expect me to do." He said with slight anger lacing his words as if this is my fault, that only angered me more. How dare he try and put this off as my fault.

"I- are you even listening to yourself James, I'm not the one who's missed our dates, I'm not the one that's ditched you to hang about with a guy I used to like. Can't you understand that your ditching me for Lily makes me doubt our relationship, she's everything I'm not. She's your first love, she's smart, she's popular, she's kind and she's fucking gorgeous." I said while trying to keep my tears in which siding worked as salty tears slid down my face.

"Y/n it's not that big a deal your reading too much into this." He said once again, repeating himself because he had no counterargument, as he and I both know I'm right but he's too proud to admit that. We went and forth for hours, and sometimes it escalated where we started shouting at each other until my throat felt raw like it's been clawed at for hours. I'm tired, I'm so tired of fighting a losing battle. And I know the next sentence I say will either make our relationship stronger or break it completely.

"James, I'm so sick and tired of fighting I'm done. It's me or her, and no I'm not saying you can't ever speak to her again or hang out but just make more time for me, and show up. The decision is yours." The minute the sentence left my mouth James stepped back like the sentence slapped him in the face. James' face finally turned from shock to anger in a matter of minutes.

"Are you for real, you're going to throw our whole relationship away because I missed a few dates. Grow the fuck up y/n, I actually can't believe you're making me choose between you and her." He spat while glaring at me with so much anger.

"James this is so much more than you missing a few dates, do you have any idea the mental battles I've been facing, you've barely spent time with me for weeks, and every time we organise to meet up you cancel or just don't show up because you're with lily," I said running my hands through my hair in frustration. "It's like you don't love me anymore." My voice cracked halfway through with the exhaustion and sadness mixed.