The lost Potter twin (edited)

Requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva

Growing up I always knew I was different from my family, I never had the long silky blonde hair my brother and father have, and I don't have either of my parent's looks whereas my brother looks identical to my parents. I'm the only person in my family to have a small lightning bolt scar on my forehead. My dad told me it was just an accident that happened when I was little.

Growing up I was never treated any differently than Draco, it came as a bit of a shock when I went to Hogwarts and was sorted into Gryffindor. My last name was a Malfoy, for centuries they've always been placed in Slytherin. Despite my last name, I made an outstanding impression on my housemates, I showed them that I was truly worth being a Gryffindor, and I showed my loyalty and trust and therefore gained friends. I grew extremely close to the Golden Trio throughout my time at Hogwarts.

Now in my 6th year, my brother was acting extremely odd, he looked constantly on edge, he looked skinnier and acted more coldly towards me and his friends. He started getting me to try and help him with this unknown task he kept talking about. He won't tell me anything but every time I refused as my best friend needed me more. Dumbledoor gave me and Harry our task, to gather the memories of Professor Slughorn.

Mine Harry's, Hermiones and Ron's 6th year was difficult nonetheless. Slughorn was persistent in not handing over his memories, countless efforts were made on both my and Harry's part to contain those memories for Dumbledore. Still, throughout the school year me and Harry learned an extreme amount of information about Voldemort. We learned his backstory and what led him to be what he is today.

Finally, after using liquid luck, Harry got the memories to form Slughorn, from there we then found out about Horcruxes and that for Voldemort to die we have to destroy all of his horcruxes. It was then decided between the three of us that myself and Harry would accompany Dumbledore to the next Horcrux.

Within the next few days, we were summoned to Dumbledore's office where he aporates us to a cliff right on the seaside, waves crashing against the rock with so much aggression. Once Dumbledore had a sample of his blood we walked through the cave until finally reaching a rather large lake. Once we found the boat we towed across it.

Small white bodies floated beneath the surface, some moving, some not recoiling away. I pulled my arms into my body. And made sure I was nowhere near the water as much as I could. Both myself and Harry had to force Dumbledore to drink the unknown potion which caused him a lot of pain. It shocked me and Harry that a man we knew to be so fierce and strong was now cowering below our feet begging for mercy.

Me and Harry rushed back and forth forcing the potion down Dumbledore's throat hoping to speak this process along. Once done, Dumbledore begged for water after realising a water charm wouldn't work and Harry slowly and cautiously walked toward the edge of the water.

Suddenly a cold white bony hand grabbed my wrist with extreme force and dragged me down it into the lake. The salty texture burned my eyes. Quickly I felt the sensation of the need for hair, I wouldn't last much longer, I didn't even realise the small creature wrapped its arms around my body strapping my arms to my side to stop me from moving. Suddenly a flash of orange light struck down in the water scaring the creature off.

Swimming as quickly as I could I reached the island gasping for hair Harry not too far from me doing the same. Looking up I watched as Dumbledore moved his wand so graciously even though he was casting a fire charm, a charm that could do so much destruction with one flick of a wand.

I felt Harry grip my arms and lead me towards the boat before going back to Dumbledore, all three of us made it back safely to Hogwarts. Dumbledore orders us to get snape. That was before we shed the astronomy tower door open. Quickly dismissing us we ran down the small stairs and looked above us. Only to find my brother with his wand raised disarming Dumbledore.

dumbledore's wand flew out of his hands and clattered against the floor, dumbledore tried to help my brother begging him to choose the right side. But it never happened; the rest of the death eaters broke through the door and joined Draco. In the end, Snape killed Dumbledore. He killed a man that I and Harry had grown close to over the years. Harry chased after them but I couldn't, my eyes stayed glued to the spot where he once stood.

Finally Hermione. Found me and brought me back to our dorm, I spent the next few days mourning over a man who's helped me and my friends a lot over the years. Me and Harry decided to go to Dumbledore's office for one last goodbye since this was the last time we'd be in Hogwarts for a while.

For the next hour, we sat going through small items in his office until my eyes caught a small vile sitting on Dumbledore's desk. A letter attached to the front with mine and Harry's name on it.

Dear y/n and Harry
You deserve to know the truth, open this and put it into my pensieve.

Looking at each other strangely we approached the pensieve taking out the small cork Harry poured the liquid substance. Immediacy and Harry were ripped into a memory

"Hagrid where's y/n, I could only find Harry" we heard a voice say behind us turning round there stood a younger version of Sirius black tear marks stained his cheeks.

"We don't know Sirius, I'm sorry" Hagrid whispered, taking a small infant out of Sirius's hands. It all went blurry before we stood in front of the doors and Dumbledore in the kitchen of 12 Grimmauld Place.

"It's her isn't it?" Sirius asked while taking a large gulp of fire whiskey. "I believe so, yes" Dumbledore replied in his usual calm manner. This looked to only anger Sirius more and he raised his ear with such force it toppled over he then launched a glass across the room it shattered into nothing the minute it made contact with the wall.

"After all this bloody time you've left her there with my cousin. Have you lost your fucking mind" he screamed while pacing in front of dumbloor. "Sirius you have to calm down from my knowledge they have treated her like their own. Despite her blood status." Dumbledore said, interlocking his hands together.

"Bullshit, the Malfoys and Blacks are blood supremacists, they would never treat a half-blood as their equal" Sirius spat glaring at Dumbledore. "On the contrary Mr black y/n Malfoy has been very well cared for."

"She's not a fucking Malfoy, she's a potter. James and Lily's daughter, Harry's goddamn twin sister, all this time you've treated those children like fools. They could have Grown up together and had some sort of family but no you just had to keep them apart. Lily and James wanted y/n and Harry to stay together no matter what happened to them" Sirius croaked out he couldn't finish his sentence due to the pain of not getting over his best friend's death.

Harry and y/n were ripped from the memories y/n and Harry both stared at the firing in shock. It all clicked, how she looked nothing like her family. How she and Harry were so alike, and why Sirius treated her like a daughter when they met. Why Sirius had an interest in me in the shrieking shack. It's the reason why Remus couldn't stop staring at me like I was a ghost.

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her "It's ok y/n I promise you when we kill Voldemort we'll be the family we always wanted" he whispered while squeezing me harder. That night we cried in Each other's arms, even though we lost someone, and Harry finally had a family of our own. And I'll be damned if I let anything happen to that.