Harry Potter x reader (diggory)

Requested by Lily_PotterheadXX
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my whole life, I've never really felt like I belonged apart from when I was with my brother. Whenever I had a nightmare he was there right beside me holding me and telling me I would be okay, whenever I fell and cut my knee he was the one picking me up. When I finally went to Hogwarts he was there every step until I finally fit in with my best friends even though we were sorted into different houses we never drifted apart. It's safe to say that my brother was and still is my best friend no matter what. Since my first year I grew as a person especially with the help of my brother and best friends, Harry, Hermione and Ron, they all pushed me to be what I am today. Of course I've started harbouring small feelings for my best friend Harry even though I know he'll never see me that way.

As i'm sitting in the tree next to my brother swinging my legs back and forward looking out for the weasleys and harry, I catch a sight of the bunch of ginger hair i couldn't help but let a smile dance across my face, i watched as harry's head looked everywhere as if searching for something. "You ready y/n/n ?" cedric whispered while giving me a small nudge of the shoulders to get my attention, nodding enthusiastically I grab his hand in mine and we leap off the branch and fall through the air until our feet collide with the ground, me and Cedric ended in a crouched position before we straightened out and were face to face with the weasleys, harry and hermione. "Hey harry" i chipped playfully until i felt a body collide with my own and i was in the arms of another immediately recognising the scent i smiled happily and wrapped my arms around them squeezing tightly before pulling back slightly staring into harry's eyes.

Slowly the world started disappearing and it was as if it was only me and him we never once broke eye contact, well that was until harry was clapped on the back rather roughly knocking him off balance and out of my grip, looking up I seen cedric with a protective look in his eyes staring at harry. I only laughed and nudged him with my shoulder playfully and then lent Harry a hand to help him up. From there we walked until we got a port key to the tournament, for an evening that was meant to be filled with fun and laughter it took a dramatic turn deathe eaters attacked, immediately cedric took action and gripped my hand in a tight grip stormed past everyone to get to safety once safely in the forest he brought me into his arms and held me protectively making sure i was safe. But once i seen hermione and ron and no harry i panicked, when i found out they got separated i felt my heart drop and the colour drained from my face grabbing my wand i ran back into the field with tents and searched for harry until finally seeing him standing behind burnt tents. "HARRY" i shouted relieved he spun round and stared at me before wrapping his arms around me protectively and looking back to where he once was. Before I could even ask him what he was doing more than a dozen cracks can be heard and then multiple red sparks shot towards us. Harry pulled me down to the floor and covered me with his body. This kept going until Mr Weasley came running in to our rescue.

Fast forward to hogwarts

The night we got back at Hogwarts we were told about a tournament that was taking place at Hogwarts for the next year. Just looking at my brother I knew he was signing up for it even though people die from it. I was furious how could he even think of doing it all for money, i was shaking from anger i think harry could tell as the next thing i know is he's put his hand in mine rubbing his thumb in a soothing motion on the back of my hand i smiled sadly at the gesture as its bittersweet because i know this means a lot more to me than it ever will to him. As soon as the feast was over I stormed out the hall. My brother's voice was not too far behind shouting out for me but I ignored every word and kept going until I felt him grip my wrist and pull me into an abandoned corridor.

"What's wrong ? Why were you ignoring me ?" he asked frantically out of breath from the running he did to catch up to me. "Whats wrong? Are you actually having a laugh, do you think im stupid i knew by the look on your face your signing up for that stupid competition.'' I spat angrily. He looked shocked at my outbursts ''what's the big deal y/n ? Do you know what we could do with that money? '' he said excitedly, the look in his eyes screamed joy and mischief. "Is that money worth your life? Is that money worth me losing you ? cedric if you die...i don't think i would be able to cope, your not just my brother cedric your my best friend and your the only family member i have that i actually like" i said sadly tears streaming down my face, he only looked at me worriedly before pulling me into his arms and placing his head on top of mine. "It's okay y/n I'm going to be fine i promise, i know you don't want me to do this but i have to y/n please understand" he begged desperation laced through his tone. I never said a word, not for a long time taking a deep breath and letting it out "fine but promised me one thing '' I sighed "anything" he said at once, pulling away and looking me in the eyes. "Come back to me, don't die '' I cried, his eyes hardened and a look of determination overtook his face'' I promise" he stated before pulling me back in.