Harry x reader (edited)

as I made my way through the great hall or what's left of it, watching people grieving over lost loved ones. Passing people's bodies and seeing their faces and recognising them from school breaks my heart because at the end of the day were only children who barely got to live because of the threat of war. I kept walking until I caught sight of my Mum and Dad, I felt my heart drop knowing that something was wrong I hoped and prayed I was wrong the whole time it took me to get over to them. That all came crashing down when I saw my older brother grasping at my other brother's jacket begging him not to leave him as he couldn't go on alone. I only got so far before dropping to my knees and feeling my world caving around me, he can't be gone... Fred can't be gone. My mother rushed over to my side dropping to her knees and wrapping me in her arms which usually brings me some comfort and warmth that makes me feel safe, but not this time because no one is safe in war.

'I-I know dear it will be alright I've got you' my mother whispered sadly while trying to bring me some sort of comfort but right now in this moment, it's impossible as the only thing I'm feeling is....numb.  I feel a presence in front of me, when I look up I see a familiar face my brother, Fred's twin, George Weasley he opens his arms for me and immediately I jump into his arms grasping at his jacket and pushing my face as much as I can into his chest. both of us crying trying to seek comfort in each other's arms. It feels like hours have passed, I haven't spoken to anybody, only sitting on the bench with my family waiting for my boyfriend knowing that he could give me some sort of comfort, but he never came.

Suddenly whispers and shouts were made followed by hundreds of footsteps leaving the great hall and into the courtyard. I force myself up and follow the crowd to see what's going on. As I push my way through trying to get to the front. I could hear  Bellatrix cackling and screeching about how they'd won. Desperately I pushed my way through until I finally laid eyes on Hagrid carrying something, it looked very large and when he finally got close enough I saw him carrying a body bridal style but in a manner of deliciously as if with fast movement the item would break. when Hagrid turned to the side to walk to the left I caught sight of a familiar face, one I've grown to love and cherish, the familiar round glasses lay a bit crooked on the peaceful body of my boyfriend of 2 years and my best friend of seven.

'HARRY POTTER IS DEAD' screamed Voldemort with a look of triumph that he finally destroyed the boy who thwarted him 17 years ago. I felt my world collapse the boy who I love with my whole heart was gone.... I won't ever see those bright green eyes again. I'd never be able to tell him I love him again. I've officially lost nearly everything that I was fighting for.

'NO.......NO HE CAN'T BE GONE' I screamed while running forward before my father grabbed me and stopped me knowing I would be dead on the spot if I got any closer. I clutched his jumper in my hands shaking my head in a side-to-side motion muttering and rambling about how he can't be gone.

'QUIET YOU STUPID GIRL' Voldemort screamed staring at me with the utmost disgust in his eyes. I broke free of my father's arms and sat on my knees tears streaming down my face and my hands out in front of me banging off the ground, while doing so I let out the most gut-wrenching scream as all the pain, suffering and loss became too much I can't take it anymore.

'PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME, COME BACK I STILL NEED YOU' I cried out begging any sign of life to spring from Harry hoping this was all a dream and he wasn't gone. but I know that I'm not dreaming and I have lost the love of my life. With tears still streaming down my face I raise my head and look into the snake-like eyes filled with triumph and rage. I see mine and Harry's memories flash through my head one by one breaking me piece by piece.

I was done cowering away, I was done with people dictating my life, and I had nothing left I lost the man I was meant to spend the rest of my life with, I may have had my family but at the end of the day they have each other they will move on with time, but I wouldn't and that was the problem I could never move on with my life without harry. I could hear death eaters laughing, I could hear Bellatrix cackling and screeching about how pathetic I looked, and something in me snapped. I'm done this ends today.