Harry Potter x Reader

Requested by Lily_PotterheadXX
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I strolled down the hall, my books held firmly in my hands as I walked towards the great hall. My mind wandered away from me, especially about a gorgeous raven haired boy with a lightning bolt scar. Despite trying many times to lose these feelings I've developed I've the years it's never seemed to work. He's always found an unknowing way to sneak even further into my heart making it impossible for me to stop loving him.

But a thought of dread lingers at the back of my mind recently he's started hanging about with the wrong crowd, causing him in shouting and embarrassing me making me feel small and worthless.  But I push that away hoping today is a new day. When I walked through the hall my eyes scanned the room until they landed in him, he sat in all his glory surrounded by his new "friends" making me scrunch my nose up in disgust. Butting the bullet I make my towards them a warm friendly smile danced across my lips excited to speak to Harry.

"Hey Harry" I smiled happily, going to take a seat beside him until the spot was no longer available. A pair of legs now lay rested there, his friends sneering all around me making me shrink into myself. "What do you want y/n?" Harry asked me a tint of anger laced his words making me confused. "W-well I just wanted to talk. I feel like we haven't talked in ages" I stuttered trying to get my words out. "Look I don't really have the time maybe some other time?" He said before going back to talking to his "friends'' not even waiting for a reply. I nodded sadly and walked towards Hermione on the opposite side of the hall blinking back tears from embarrassment.

I threw my stuff down beside me and plopped myself down across from her and put my head in my hands, silently begging the tears don't come through. "What's wrong y/n '' Hermione asked kindly, when I looked at her her face held pity. "I-I don't know I'm so sick of this Hermione he tears me like utter shit but yet I still go back to him I don't know how much longer I can fo this." I sighed frustratingly.

She reached over and placed her hand on my arms "he does like you y/n I know he does. You don't see the way he looks at you when you're not looking. Like he's his whole world,you don't see the way he smirks at you like he's your whole world. He would move heaven and earth for you." she sighed lovingly. "Thanks mione, listen I'm going to go alright speak to you later" I smiled and stood up walking away.

The rest of the day carried on and still Harry didn't speak to me. I let this go on for another day before I approached him  again at breakfast only for him to scream at me telling me to leave him alone and so I did. I spoke to my roommates and best friends (Abby,Charlie,Emma and Bree) about everything and to say they were angry would be an understatement. That night I decided it was no longer worth my time chasing after Harry like a lost puppy.

The next morning instead of going to speak to Harry like I usually do I walk right past him and his so-called "friends". Throughout the day I ignored every attempt Harry made to get my attention. Hopefully I'll start losing interest in him by not speaking. It was the end of class and I gathered my stuff quickly and walked out the door a voice calling for me from behind. Immediately recognizing it I stormed forward to escape him, luckily he got trapped behind the large crowds long enough for me to get back to my dorm.

This carried on for another week, this has probably been the longest time ever not talked to Harry since we started school. Unfortunately my feelings hadn't gone down at all; they still caused me a great amount of embarrassment when thinking about him.

I was just walking out of the library when a hand grabbed me and dragged me into a cupboard my he's bulged in shock until I realised who had done it. There in front of me was Harry. He liked to be very disheveled. His hair was even more messy than it usually was, his eyes were black underneath making him look older than he was. "Why have you been ignoring me?" he croaked out. I looked at him dumbfounded at what I was supposed to say.