Cedric x reader [potter] (edited)

As my brother and our friends pushed our trolleys along the platform trying to get past the crowds of families saying goodbye to their children, it took some time but we finally found an empty compartment once inside. I placed myself down and brought out my f/b I got lost in my world when reading. So I didn't notice the tall Hufflepuff peering into my compartment with a small smile before he walked off back to his friends.

I got a bit hungry as time went on and decided to go see if I could get anything off the trolley, I grabbed a few coins and left my compartment not before asking my brother and friends if they wanted anything but they were too focused on what happened to us at the quidditch world cup. I was only walking for a short amount of time before I saw the small old lady that's here every year. When I got close enough I asked "Hi, could I please have a chocolate frog and a pumpkin pasty please?" the lady nodded her head with a kind smile before turning around and looking for what I asked. I felt like someone was staring at me so when I looked up I was met with the greyest of eyes I had ever seen, he had the kindest gentlest smile I've ever given.

"Hi I'm Cedric, Cedric Diggory '' he said, holding his hand out, I reached out and the minute our hands touched it felt like electricity was running through my whole body. I felt my cheeks heat up so I quickly looked down trying to hide some of my embarrassment, "I'm y/n potter" I replied with a slight stutter only adding to my embarrassment. Saved by the skin of my teeth the trolley lady held out the items that I had asked for, I took them out of her hands and gave her the correct amount of change and a little tip. Before; leaving I looked back up into the boy's eyes before giving a small smile and saying "See you around".

The whole way back to my compartment I had a smile plastered on my face completely and utterly mesmerized by someone I just met, his eyes and smile are engraved into my brain constantly replaying over and over. When I finally got back down into my compartment I picked up my book back up and continued reading. I saw in the corner of my eye my brother and friends giving each other funny looks because they were so confused as to why I was smiling so much.

It had been a few hours since I had last seen Cedric. Everyone was now sitting in the great hall watching the new 1st years get sorted into their houses. I got bored quite quickly so I was just looking around when my eyes were met with the familiar grey eyes I saw back on the train. I felt a small smile grace my lips, I saw he was looking at me as well and I felt the familiar heat on my cheeks again. Embarrassed, I gave him a small smile and weaved before turning away and focusing back on the sorting and Dumbledore's speech.

It was announced tonight that the Triwizard tournament will be held at Hogwarts this year but only for people of age, this announcement was met with outrage from multiple people especially the familiar Weasley twins Fred and George who have become like my brothers, since I and harry are practically adopted by the Weasleys. I was quite thankful that they could participate as I would know what I would do if I lost one or both of them. Suddenly filch started running or whatever that was down the middle of the four tables before whispering something into Dumbledore's ear. Turns out two other schools would be staying at Hogwarts this year to compete.

The next day after lessons I decided to join Harry, Hermione and Ron to see who was entering the tournament. Many people had decided to place their names in the cup. Suddenly the hall was filled with lots of shouts from boys entering the hall cheering their friend on when the boy stepped into the circle I immediately recognised it was Cedric. After placing his name in the cup his head turned to the side staring right into my eyes he gave me a small smile and a wave, I returned the smile and watched him get tackled by his friends. I didn't know I was blushing until I heard Hermione say "You're blushing" in a sing-song voice. "You like him don't you" she started saying again as I ignored her the first time. "I-i- don't I barely know him" I replied as a matter of fact. "Uh huh sure" she said before opening her book and reading again. Again we were interrupted by the shouts of Fred and George Weasley running in the hall saying they'd made an aging potion, Hermione warned them it wouldn't work but they ignored her and carried on anyway. This ended up in them both being thrown out of the circle and fighting on the floor with each other with beards as white as snow. I finally had enough and made my way over before grabbing them both by the ears and pulling them to the hospital wing, this was met with multiple complaints and arguments about how it was sore and to let them go but I never did.