James (short)

"Please tell me you don't love her, please tell my I haven't been blind to what everyone else has been seeing. I'm begging you James please tell they're lying" I cried out as hot tears streamed down my face, I watched as his face contorted to guilt and regret only making my heart hammer in my chest louder I felt like I couldn't breath that I was drowning but I couldn't swim to the top. Everything I had brushed aside, every time they spent together I deluded myself that they were just friends and thats all they would ever be because I thought we loved each other too much to ever let this happen but clearly he never loved me enough.

"I-I can't y/n, I'm sorry I never expected this to happen. I'm sorry" he muttered while looking everywhere but my eyes, angrily I stepped forward "look me in the eyes James and tell me how you've fallen in love with my best friend" I snarled anger swirling in my eyes. Slowly his head raised until his eyes met mine. "I-I can't y/n" he cried out as tears polled in his eyes. "Say it James" I hiss as I felt my body shake from anger. "I'm-I'm in love with lily" he stuttered out apprehensively, I scoffed and laughed maliciously "that wasn't so hard now was it" I sneered.

Slowly I began to pull off a silver ring from my finger gently I held it between my thumb and index finger in front of James eyes, "so much for promises huh" I spat before letting the ring tumble out my grasp clattering to the floor, with that I turners in my heel and stormed out the empty classroom until I only got a corridor away beofre collapsing against the wall closet to me sobs tumbling out my mouth as I gently slid down the wall and pulling my knees into my chest. My sobs echoing around me, bouncing off the walls and taunting my mind.