Fred (edited)

*Tw - mentions of death and blood*

Fred's POV
As I unpacked boxes and placed the items in neat piles to sort, I sorted old clothes, old school books and trunks, and even pictures. Seeing the familiar box I Locked away in the attic a long time ago as the pain was insufferable, looking at the memories inside the box I picked it up and walked over to the small couch that sat in the living room.

Opening the box I grabbed an envelope with a rather large pile of pictures, looking through one by one I saw pictures of my friends and the love of my life, many pictures had the two of them together whether it was holding hands in the snow, a date at the three broomsticks or even just a picture of them sleeping on the common room cuddled up in each other's arms. Looking further in the box I found other mementoes of my time with her, a napkin from our first date postcards and letters sent back and forth during the summers. Until his eyes caught a dusty camera laying breath all the pictures.

Picking it up and turning the device on luckily the camera still had a decent amount of charge. He smiled while pressing play. Immediately he was met with her face smiling and laughing before she flipped the camera in my direction I was engrossed in a conversation with Lee about quidditch before she shouted my name smiling I waved back before standing up and running towards her tackling her in a hug.

Flipping to the next video, it was of the two of us in the common room, my arms wrapped around her waist while her arms wrapped around my neck, we swayed back and forth to the soft gentle Christmas music playing in the background. She leaned back a bit before capturing my lips in a kiss.

The next showed a video of me laying on top of her, my head underneath her jumper, she brought the camera down close to her face while lifting her jumper slightly, showing my sleeping face a small puddle of drool on her t-shirt. Her angelic soft laugh made me smile.

She even filmed the first quidditch match and she became my girlfriend. We won the cup. You could physically feel the excitement when Harry caught the snitch due to the camera moving up and down at an extremely fast pace. She then handed the camera over to Lee and ran down the stairs. It took a few moments for her to Come back into view but when she did she ran across the field and pushed through everyone to get to me. Once close enough she launched herself into my arms. I picked her up and spun her around before her legs wrapped around my waist. I grabbed her bum to make sure she was steady and didn't fall off. From there she crashed her lips to mine, we didn't care that people were around us, the only people who mattered at that moment were me.

Throughout the camera, there are different videos of us drunk at parties with our friends just having an amazing time. There are videos of us swimming in the black lake, or pranking filch. She even filmed the whole firework show we did on Umbridge

But the next clip was of her in hospital, even sweaty and her hair a mess. She still looked like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. In her arms were two small babies, one boy and one girl. Aurora Molly Weasley and Elijah Arthur Weasley. She looked at the small children with so much love and happiness. Tears of joy ran down both our faces. After leaving Hogwarts George opened up the shop once y/n was finished school she got a small part-time job in a bakery and spent the rest of her time in our shop. We moved. Together very quickly within a year, we were shocked to find out she was expecting. But we're overjoyed nonetheless.

The videos from then were of her and me holding the children, or the time when Elijah laid in my chest eating a bottle and I had fallen asleep, videos of them taking their first steps and crawling. In every video, you can see the love y/n had for the children it radiated off her.

But the last video made my heart hurt. She was talking to the camera and left a message for me and the children. "Hey, Freddie, Rory and Eli. I just want you to know how much I loved you since all three of you came into my life. I've had an unlimited amount of happiness and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just wanted to make this message in case I didn't make it, we're at war and I have a feeling there's going to be a battle in the end. Me and your father are going to do the best we can to make sure your life will be the best it can be. I'll die before I let you be dictated by death eaters. Me and your father love you so much, never forget that. Oh and Fred if I don't make it and you do I want you to move on from me I want you to be happy and if moving on helps that then don't feel guilty because you'll see me again maybe not soon but in time." With that, the camera went blank. Tears dropped from my face, listening to that video just brought all The memories back.

Me and Percy were side by side fighting against death eaters. I heard Percy make a joke to his old boss. I heard my name faintly be called before a large object knocked into me. It took a few moments for me to come around, my ears were ringing. Looking back where I once stood I saw the wall completely gone, pieces of debris scattered along the floor, my eyes caught a rather large pile in that pile a head was sticking out. Seeing the face my heart stopped, I ran towards the pile and started moving rocks off her body, I saw her wake up sort of "Y/n you going to be ok" I said while cupping her cheeks before I felt a sticky liquid in my hand removing my hand I realised it was coated in red, y/n had hit her head against the wall behind her on the impact. "I'm not Freddie we both know I'm not going to make it" she croaked out her pale was a sickly white.

"Don't say that, don't you dare the kids need you. I need you for fuck sake y/n please just hold on I'm begging you" I sobbed cupping her cheeks once again. Tears streamed down both our faces. "They have you Fred, just don't let them forget me or how much I loved them." She begged. I simply nodded the words too much to say, my heart weighed heavy. "I love you" she cried out. "I love you too" I whispered while connecting my lips to hers. Pulling away I saw her give me a small smile as I watched her take her last breath, the ghost of her smile haunting my mind.

I got the rest of the rocks off her body before pulling her into my chest. Crying out my sobs echoed throughout the halls, and my brothers came to my side "cmon Fred she's gone" George whispered heartbroken for him and him throughout the years y/n was like a sister to him and my sibling, my mum and dad treated her like their own. Shaking my head I cling to her body even more I couldn't let her go. "Fred come on, we have to take her to the great hall" Percy said with tears rolling down his cheeks. Nodding, I picked up y/n's lifeless body and walked towards the great hall the whole way. I looked straight ahead, my eyes looked dead inside because a part of me that day died with her.

"Mum, who's that Freds carrying? '' I heard Ginny ask before she realised who it was and collapsed into Mum's arms sobbing. Not acknowledging anyone I walked towards an empty bed and placed her down, collapsing to my knees next to her body. By now her skin was pale and cold, and her body no longer radiated the heat it once did. My family crowded around her. My mum smoothed out her hair and out her face. Ginny grabbed her hand. And dad, George and Percy just stared down at us with tears staining their faces.

I felt a heavy object in my pocket. I reached in and brightened out a small black ring box. Sobs racked my body when I opened it, a ring I was supposed to give her once this was all over is now useless to the love of my life while never uttering the words yes. She'll never see her children grow up and start to have their own families. I'll never see her in a wedding dress, She'll miss milestones in all her family's life because of this damned war. If I could turn back time I would have stopped her going, I would have made her stay with Fleur and the kids but she was too stubborn.

End of flashback

My thoughts were interrupted by the kids running in giggling and jumping on top of me "We missed you Daddy" Rory giggled while wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me. Eli did the same thing looking up. I saw My mum in the doorway sending us small smiles. "I missed you too, how were grannies?" I asked them to while, placing a kiss on their heads. From then we spent the next hour talking about how their weekend was. They even talked about how they got the photo album out and talked about y/n, I always kept my promise. Every day I tell them how their mother loved them and that she died to protect us. I never moved on, I loved y/n too much to even have another woman in my life but it didn't bother me. I had two wonderful children and in time I would see her again, maybe not soon but at some point in time we will be reunited.