Chapter 19

Chapter 19

SARINE REALLY enjoying her stay in Night-Day Isalan with the man who can make her heart do a flip with just one smile. Sanay na siyang nasa tabi niya ang binata at hindi niya na alam kung magiging normal pa ba ang buhay niya sa oras na maghiwalay na sila ng landas ng binata.

Gaya kaninang umaga, paggising niya hindi na mapuknat ang ngiti sa labi niya. Kaninang tanghali naman ay halos hindi na sila maghiwalay ng binata dahil buong araw silang makayakap at parang ayaw pakawalan ang isa't isa.

At ngayong gabi ay magkasama sila ng binata. Magkatabing nakaupo sa buhanginan habang nakatingin sa mga bituin na kumikinang sa langit.

She felt so peaceful. Bukod sa nakatingin siya sa mga nagkikislapang butuin, kasama niya pa ang lalaking nagpaptibok ng puso niya. She admit it. She already fell for Nash. Hard. Natatakot lang siyang umamin rito dahil baka hindi sila pareho ng nararamdaman.

She sighed.

"Ayos ka lang?" Nilingon niya ang binata na mukhang napansin ang pagbuntong hininga niya. "Kanina ko pa napapansin na parang ang lalim ng iniisip mo."

"Its nothing." Aniya saka ngumiti at ibinalik ang tingin rito. She's thinking about someone. Someone she wish that still alive. "I'm fine."

"Tell me." Anito kaya napalingon na naman siya rito. "What's on your mind? I won't judge."

Would she tell him? Maybe its time. She's having a hard time keeping that to herself. She need someone to talk to. Someone can't judge her because of the mistake she'd made that day. And she think Nash is that someone. She need to let out her guilt and her anger to herself.

"Ahm," tumikhim muna siya rito saka tumingin sa madilim na karagatan, "I just miss my sister."

"You have one?" Tanong nito. She nod to answer his question. "Bakit? Nasaan ba siya?"

Tumingin siya sa kalangitan at mapait na ngumiti. "Up there. She's now one of that stars."

Binalingan niya ng tingin ang binata nang ilang segundo itong hindi umimik. Nakatitig ito sa kanya at para bang binabasa nito ang emosyon sa mukha niya at hinihintay ang pagkwento niya.

Well, she already said it so why telling him the whole story then.

She sighed before talking. "Her name was Nalia. She's older than me. She's more intelligent than me. And more prettier than me. Pero hindi ako nakaramdam ng pagseselos sa kanya kasi pinaparamdam niya sakin na espesyal ako. We're both favorite each other." Pagkukwento niya. "Pero saming dalawa, siya ang pinakapaborito nila mommy at daddy. I was in college that time when I met Phia. And as for Phia, she has a loy of friends that also become my friends. Every night, tumatakas ako para lang makasama mga kaibigan ko. I mean, sobrang higpit nila sakin. School bahay lang ako. I want to experience the outside world, you know.

But my friends are not the people you think. They're not bad influence to me. I'm leaving our mansion on my own. They're not forcing me to come with them every night they're go to Xyrin's penthouse to have a bonding time. Then one night, the night that I wil never forget and the night that I regret the most. She died. She died because of me, Nash. I can't forgive myself because the only person who cares for me died and it's all because of me."

Hindi niya napigilan ang luhang sunod-sunod na tumulo. Then she felt Nash's arm embrace her from her side. Inihilig niya ang ulo sa dibdib nito at hinayaan ang sariling umiyak.

"What happened that night?" Tanong nito. Niyakap niya rin ito. "Tell me, baby. What happened?"

"S-she...she got h-hit..." she tried to stop herself from crying but she failed. Inalo siya ng binata ay aaminin niya na kahit papaano ay medyo gumaan ang pakiramdam. Huminga siya ng malalim bago pinilit ang sarili na magsalita. "That night, me and my mom fought. Nalaman niya ang ginagawa kong pagtakas sa bahay tuwing gabi."

*Flashback

"What you're doing every night is prohibited to our family, Sarine!" Her mother shouted in anger. Pinanatili niya ang walang emosyon niyang mukha. "Tell me, what are you doing every night you're outside with your friends, huh? Are you doing the stuff that a teeanger shouldn't do? Your friends is a huge bad influence to you, Sarine."

"They're not bad influence to me, Mom." Pigil na inis na wika niya. "My friends doesn't have to do with this."

"Oh, really?" Sarkastikong wika nito at bahagya pang lumapit sa kanya. "Can you tell me why your friends doesn't have to do with this? Since the day you met those girls, you became a rebel."

"I became a rebel not because of them. Its because of you and your stupid goddamn rule in this house." Matapang niyang sinalubong ang tingin nito sa kanya. She make sure that her eyes held the fire of anger towards her. "I disobey your freaking rules because its suffocating me. I want to experience the outside world, Mom. Why can't you just let me?! I am not a kid anymore. I'm already 19 and yet you keep me from knowing what's on my surroundings. You're so unfair. You and Daddy are unfair. I just want to experience the outside world but you can't let me. Why?! Tell me why, Mom?! Ate Nalia can do whatever she please while I can't do the things I want to do. Why?! The thing that I want to do is easy. So much easy. Why can't you just let me? And you know what, when I'm with my friends, i felt normal. I feel like I'm belong in this world. In the world you keep hiding me from. Why are you being so unfair? Why do you keep me hiding in the world that I should know from this day on? Why do you always choose ate Narine while me being a goddamn prisoner? Why, Mom? Why?!"

"Sarine, stop it." Suway ng kapatid niyang si Nalia. She looked at her direction and her tears starts to fall one by one. "Please, stop it. Don't shout at our mom."

"Your mom. She's not my mother." She said and wipe her tears away. "I don't have any family inside this house–"

"How about me?" Putol nito sa sasabihin niya. Napatitig siya rito at kita niya ang paghulog ng luha nito. "I am your family, right? I always treat you the way you wanted to be treated."

Mapakla siyang natawa. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you treat me the way I wanted to be treated because you pitty on me. Am I wrong?"

"You're wrong. You're my sister so I treated like one." Lumapit ito sa kanya pero humakbang siya palayo rito. "Aren't you happy because I'm on your side?"

"I'll be happy if mom and dad let me to do the things I wanted to do just like you." Aniya saka tumingin sa ina niyang nakamasid lang sa kanya. "Do you have the answers to my questions, Mom?"

"We can't let you leave the house because its we're just worried for your safety." Her father intersects. Natuon sa ama ang atensyon niya. "You're going to be the heiress of  Matsumoto Realm. So we can't just can't let you go out and enjoy the world you want to see."

"Thats is the most stupid reason I've ever heard on my entire life." Aniya saka mapaklang natawa. She pointed ate her sister. "Nalia is the older. So why me? Narine should be the heiress."

"Its because I'm the daughter of concubine." Wika ng kanyang kapatid. Dahan-dahang natuon rito ang atensyon at mababakas sa mukha niya ang pagkabigla.

A/N: To be continued ang flashback ni mareng Sarine HAHAHA.