Chapter 52

SARINE'S FOREHEAD was knotted as she roam her eyes around a noisy room. If she wasn't mistaken, it was a bar. As she roam her eyes inside the bar, a familiar and baritone voice filled her ears.

Like in a slow motion, she looked at the mini stage and there, she saw a familiar man holding a mic while singing the song Fresh Eyes. His voice is like the voice of an angel fell from above just to sing a song like that.

She was just staring at him as he sing and when the music hits the chorus, the man look at her in the eyes.

It was Nash.

Nash was singing while his eyes never leaves her. And as the song hits the last chorus, Nash leaves the stage and walk towards her while staring at her intently.

She can feel her heart beating so fast and feels like she was getting out of breath. When the song stops, Nash was standing in front of her while smiling.

Then, he ask, "Hindi mo ba ako tatanungin kung sino ang tinutukoy ko sa kanta?"

She cleared her throat then ask, "s-sino ba?"

"You." He answered as her heary hammered inside her ribcage. ""I like you, no," he immediately replace his sentence as he stared at her. His eyes held so many emotions, "I love you, Sarine. Since the day you pick the wrong key and enter the wrong cabin, I know its love at first sight. Its cliché but its true. Please tell me you feel the same way."

She can feel her heart hammering inside her and she can't do nothing about it but to let it beat crazily for Nash.

This is it. Her wish is now granted. Nash just confess in front of her and now...

Nash is waiting for her confession.

Hinawakan niya ito sa magkabilang pisngi at hinalikan niya ito sa labi at mabilis na pinutol iyon. She looked at him in the eye.

"God knows my feelings for you, Nash." Now this is the time for hwe to confess. "What you said about love at first sight, its true. Because it also happen to me. Since the day I saw you on that freaking pump boat, I know I'm in danger. My heart beat faster than normal when your eyes locked to me. The feeling is mutual, Nash. I love you too."

Parang may kung anong nabunot sa lalamunan nito nang sabihin niya ang huli niyang sinabi. He smile at her then capture her lips. Agad niyang tinugon ang halik nito.

Pero para siyang napaso at mabilis na pinutol ang halik na inumpisahan nito nang marinig niya hiyawan ng mga tao. She almost forgot that they're at the mini bar.

"So," He trailed down and look deep into her eyes, "can you be my girl?"

Her breathing stop as Nash ask her to be his girl. Or did she just heard him wrong?

"What did you say?" Tanong niya upang malaman kung tama ba ang pagkakarinig niya. "Did you just me ask to be your girl?"

He smiled. "Please say yes."

Napatanga siya rito at para bang may sariling isip ang ulo niya at tumango. "I'd love to."

Malapad itong ngumiti at siniil siya ng halik na agad naman niyang tinugon.

MABILIS AT hingal na bumalikwas ng bangon si Sarine sa kinahihigaan niya. She roam her eyes inside the unfamiliar room. And suddenly, her mind was hit by realization when the smell of medicine get into her nose.

Hospital.

"Hey." Napalingon siya sa gilid niya at nakita si Phia. "Ayos ka lang ba? God. Nag-aalala ako sayo ng sobra, alam mo ba yon? Tinawagan ako ni Tita kanina para sabihin na dinala ka sa ospital. Pinag-aalala mo kaming lahat, Sarine."