Chapter 1: The Job

AMELIA

"Tay! Get your ass back here, you're missing the best part!" 

I'm sitting on the couch at my best friends apartment that he shares with his boyfriend, yelling at him while he's off to get snacks for the movie night we're about to have.

"Chill woman, I'm coming!"

Pierre, his boyfriend, chuckles at our antics while we both wait patiently on the couch, the movie currently on pause while Taylor is in the kitchen. Taylor rushes back to us, taking a seat with an exhausted sigh, plopping down next to me on the couch. 

Once the movie comes to an end and we start tidying up, I get up from my seat on the couch to help Pierre with cleaning, but am stopped when Taylor grabs my arm and pulls me back down to sit next to him. 

"Ames.. I need to tell you something. I've been pushing it off because I knew you were going to get too excited to enjoy the movie." He exchanges a look with Pierre as he speaks, and then Pierre sneaks off to the kitchen to clean the dishes.

"Is everything alright, T? You're starting to worry me," I ask hesitantly, the look on my best friends face hard to read.

"Yeah, everything is great actually.." He replies, his hand taking mine, "You know how I've been auditioning for a bunch of different roles lately?"

I nod shortly. Taylor wants to become a famous actor and he's had some small parts in big Hollywood productions but he wants more, which I have always supported him in. I've watched every single movie he's been in and I'm almost more excited than he is whenever he gets a new part.

"Okay.." He breathes out, hesitating slightly, "So.. I auditioned for this role and I didn't tell you because I didn't think anything would come of it because it's a BIG Hollywood production.. But yeah, I just got word back yesterday and I got the part."

My face splits into a grin, immediately throwing my arms around him in excitement, "T!!!" I squeal, "That's amazing! Congratulations! Why didn't you want to tell me?!"

Taylor chuckles shortly, his smile slowly turning into a smirk while he looks at me, "Well.. because the movie is with Marvel. And I'm playing opposite Chris Evans."

It feels like my heart skips a beat when the name spills out from Taylor's lips. 

For years I have had a (healthy) obsession with Marvel because I used to work for Disney before I started studying law. Eventually that mild obsession trickled into the Chris Evans fandom and at a certain point in time, I was very infatuated with him. I had this insane idea that we would be perfect for each other because we had so much in common - just like every other girl in the entire world. Eventually though, the obsession faded, but with that being said, Chris Evans would definitely qualify as being my biggest celebrity crush.

I blink in surprise, silently sitting in shock while I process his words, my gaze locked on Taylor. He starts laughing at my reaction, which finally breaks me out of my daze. 

"I.. I'm speechless. That's insane. It's amazing! And also, I'm so jealous. When do you leave?"

"Next week. I have a lot of lines to practice before then but let's hang out a final time before I go. I might be gone for a couple of months," He replies, still holding my hand in his.

I pull him in for a tight hug, murmuring into his shoulder, "I'm so proud of you! Although I am going to miss you like crazy."

✦✧✦✧

A few days after Taylor's shocking news, I'm back at work like usual. 

I'm currently in my final year of law school while also working part time at a law firm, and for the past few weeks I have been helping out with a court case that's been taking up all of my time.

Usually Taylor and I would talk almost every day, mostly by talking on the phone or FaceTiming. We've been doing that since the beginning of our friendship, and it's nice with lives like ours where we don't have as much time to hang out physically.

During the week we spoke several times as Taylor got himself ready to leave for Atlanta, where he was going to be filming for god knows how long. 

I luckily didn't have a lot of time to think about how much I would miss him during the day, but once in a while it would suddenly hit me and make me sad. He's the one person I have to lean on, and although I want him to follow his dreams, it sucks that he has to be gone for such long periods of time in order to do that. 

When Saturday rolls around, I make my way to his and Pierre's place for dinner and a movie. Once we're all settled on the couch and about to press play, Pierre turns to me with a grin. 

"Ames, I told T that he should introduce you to Mr. Evans now that he knows him."

Pierre's grin widens more, if that's even possible, when my eyes go wide in terror at the suggestion. 

"Oh my god!" I blurt out, my cheeks immediately heating up, "Please don't! Oh god no. I would make a huge fool out of myself. I realize I was crazy about him for a while in the past but honestly guys, that was like a schoolgirl crush, you know that. He would think I'm insane."

I feel completely embarrassed just at the notion, and my reaction make both Taylor and Pierre laugh as they look at me. 

"Alright Ames," Taylor smiles, "If you don't want me to, I won't. I also don't know if I'll even meet him like that or what the dynamic will be like. Don't worry about it." 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡