Chapter 119: Nesting

AMELIA

When I wake up the next morning the first thing I feel is sore. 

Chris took care of me before we went to bed, cleaning me up and washing my hair in the tub while my mind slowly returned to its usual, less-fuzzy state. 

I let my hair air dry as I slept and I woke up a few times during the night, but every time I did, I felt his strong arms wrapped tightly around me, helping me fall right back asleep. 

I wince a little when I try to move my legs, whining quietly when I feel the lack of warm boyfriend next to me. 

I turn over to lie flat on my back, my bottom lip protruding out in a pout when I notice the pounding headache suddenly invading me. 

Those damn tequila shots. 

I groan, my hands quickly finding the soft comforter to pull it up over my head, hiding me from the cruel world. 

I stay like that for a few moments, my eyes slowly closing as I prepare myself to go back to sleep, but a familiar chuckle brings me back to the present. 

"How's the headache?"

I can hear Chris' amused tone, the bed dipping around me when he sits down on the edge, but I don't see him, choosing instead to keep the comforter pulled over my head, hiding from him. 

"It's mean," I grumble, my voice muffled when I stay in my hiding spot, "I hate Sebastian." 

Chris barks out a laugh as I hear him place something on the nightstand next to me, his large hand finding my stomach and rubbing it soothingly over the comforter, "Brought you some water and coffee. It might help." 

I frown for a moment before I slowly pull down the comforter, peeking out at him, "What kind?"

"Latte," he replies with a warm smile, eyes holding mine when I finally reveal my face to him. I keep the comforter up to my chin, but I accept the cup when he hands it to me. 

I hum a little at the smell, making me sit up on the bed to drink it, the warm liquid heating up my tired bones when I take a sip. 

"You going to come out of your hiding spot any time soon?" 

I smile softly at Chris' words and his teasing tone, but instead of responding I take another sip of coffee, shrugging sheepishly. 

He chuckles, his head shaking in amusement before a warm palm lands on my bare arm, stroking my skin. 

"I'm going to head to the gym, I have a big scene coming up next week and I need to make sure I'm ready for it. You okay to be here alone?" 

My fingers stay wrapped tightly around the warm mug as I lower it from my lips, nodding swiftly, "Yeah, I'll be okay. How long will you be gone?" 

"Two hours, tops," he replies with a smile, "Hopefully enough time for you to be feeling better." 

My cheeks heat up a little, eyes glancing down at the comfortable bed. Even if I am feeling better, why would I ever leave this heavenly place? The mattress is firm, the bedding is soft and everything here smells like him in such an overwhelming way, I just want to soak in it for the rest of my life. 

Leave? From here? He must be insane. 

"I ordered you breakfast," he says, interrupting my thoughts, "Should be here in a few minutes. Toast and some fruit, it'll help with the hangover." 

"How are you not hungover?" I ask with a smile, inching myself a little closer to him until he puts an arm around me, "How long have you been awake?" 

"I only had beer yesterday," he says with a shrug, his beard tickling my skin when he places a soft kiss on my bare shoulder, "And we didn't stay out that late. I've been used to waking up early lately so this is just another day, everything as usual."