Chapter 149: Secrets Spilled

*Hello friends. I apologize for the absence. As you're all probably aware, a lot of shit has gone down in the fandom in the past month. I haven't felt much inspiration due to the chaos, and I even struggled with the decision to continue this book or not. I put in a disclaimer in the author's note, to try and make it clear that this book does not have anything to do with the real-life person it's about, or what he chooses to do in his personal life. I will be finishing this for sure, but it's been a slow road back to my muse. If you ever miss my work, or me, please feel free to come visit my Tumblr, where I'm a lot more active. I also have a ton of stories on there. It's linked in my profile. Anywho, just wanted to give you guys a short update on why I've been gone, and I'm sorry if I worried anyone. 

This book is not abandoned, I promise. Chramelia is staying strong.*

AMELIA

Chris's hands tighten their hold on me, his head tilting as he deepens the kiss. I hum appreciatively, my hands sliding up to curl in his hair. 

"Missed you," he murmurs against my lips, grunting a little when I push him up against the door to press my body against his. 

"Missed you too," I whisper, moving my lips over his slowly, my teeth digging into that tempting bottom lip of his. 

He lets out a small groan, pulling me even closer, and it makes me tingle all over. 

Just as the kiss starts to turn heated, my phone pings loudly several times at messages coming in quick succession, making me sigh against his lips. 

Chris groans in protest when I pull back from the kiss, reaching into my bag to dig out my phone. His lips move down my jaw to my neck, a soft hum emitting from his chest while I check my phone. 

"Oh shit," I breathe out when I read the messages from Taylor, making Chris pull back to look at me worriedly. I look up at him with an apologetic smile,  "I forgot I'm having Taylor and Pierre over for dinner. Should I cancel?"

He immediately shakes his head, "No, no of course not. Don't cancel your plans because I showed up unannounced. Can I stay, though?"

He smiles goofily, making me chuckle as I nod, "Yes Christopher, you may stay for dinner. But I have to get started on the cooking, they'll be here in about an hour."

"Great," he grins, pecking my lips quickly, "I'll just go put my things down and I'll come help."

✦✧✦✧

Chris didn't prove to be much help in the kitchen. He doesn't cook very often, and to be honest, if I had the option to order in every day, I'd probably do that too.

He helped me peel some potatoes, but eventually I directed him to have a seat at the dining table while I continued on my own.

I walk over to the fridge, grabbing a beer and opening it before setting it down on the table in front of him, "Here you go. Nurse that while you entertain me."

He chuckles and thanks me before taking a sip, while I move over to the stove to get the dish started. I put on my apron, the one I reserve for dishes I know can get messy, before I pour the meat into the pot.

He takes a few sips while watching me, my brows a little furrowed in concentration, focusing on cooking the meat evenly. I move around to get the different ingredients, not realizing the tense silence until I glance over at him and notice that his gaze is locked on me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, directing my attention back to the pot while I stir its contents.

"Nothing," Chris murmurs, taking a languid sip of his beer, "Nothing's wrong.."