Chapter 14: A Minor Mishap

AMELIA

To my surprise, I managed to get ready in a fairly decent amount of time. 

Pierre joined me not too long after Taylor and he was much more organized in helping. He quickly discarded the clothes Taylor had picked out and gave him a look. 

"Taylor. She is going to a party with her fucking idols. Are you honestly telling me you think this is the right outfit for that?"

Taylor shrugs, "What the fuck do I know? I'm showing up in jeans and a t-shirt." 

"YES BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING MODEL!" Pierre and I yell simultaneously before Pierre continues as I turn back to my makeup, "Normal people can't just throw on shit and look great." 

"Fine," Taylor grumbles, gesturing at the closet, "Choose, then." 

Pierre goes through my things quickly and efficiently and by the time I'm done with my makeup, he has the perfect outfit picked out. A short, curve hugging dress that makes me feel like a million fucking bucks, paired with a pair of beautiful heels. 

I smile widely at him, "What would I do without you?" 

"Uhhh, you'd have me to yourself?" Taylor says and I glare at him, crossing my arms across my chest. 

"Yes. And what fucking good would that do?!" 

✦✧✦✧

We jump into the car and Taylor checks his watch. 

"Alright. It's 12 minutes past 9pm, so we're just a little more than 40 minutes late." 

I sigh, "I'm sorry you guys. I really did put an alarm on." 

"Sure you did," Taylor says as he starts texting. 

"I did!" I say, glaring at him before turning to Pierre with a softer tone, "I promise I did." 

"I know you did sweetie. T is just being a grump. He's been insufferable this entire afternoon." 

"Have not!" Taylor says as he quickly looks up from his phone, frowning. 

Pierre looks at him incredulously, "Yes, you have. You've been so stressed out, I've barely been able to stand being around you." 

Pierre turns to me and I smile at him before I chuckle a little. 

"Whatever!" Taylor exclaims, "I just wanted this to be a good night, okay?!"

His face dips back down to his phone and Pierre and I exchange a confused look before we ride the rest of the way in silence. 

✦✧✦✧

When we finally arrive at the place, I'm surprised to see the sign of a club. 

I look at Taylor, "Wait, we're going to a nightclub? Can they even go without being bothered?" 

"Yeah, it's fine," Taylor says, "We have a section. Famous people like going out to clubs too, you know." 

I furrow my brows, "I guess. I just figured that would be a hassle." 

"It is," Taylor says as he unbuckles his seatbelt, "Which is why they don't do it very often." 

Once we start exiting the car I notice the sea of people standing in line to get into the club. I instinctively turn towards the back of the line before Taylor tugs at my arm, "We're going straight in." 

"What? But there's a line-" 

"We're not standing in line, Ames. Famous, remember?" 

We skip the line and walk straight towards the entrance and the bouncer immediately opens the door for us. As I glance towards the line I instantly feel guilty. I don't like skipping lines.