Chapter 54: Story

AMELIA

"What do you think it means?" Taylor asks as I scroll through the list of new followers. 

It's very obvious what it means. Half of the accounts have Chris' name in them, in one way or another. 

"It means they're onto us," I mumble as I take screenshots, "I'm sending these to Chris. I don't know what to do or how to handle this.." 

Taylor nods, taking out his own phone. After a moment, his brows raise in surprise, "Who knew being associated with Chris Evans would get you so many followers. I've gained a ton since last night, too." 

"Me too," Pierre mumbles as he looks at his phone screen. 

I look between the two of them apologetically, "I'm sorry you guys. I don't know how they figured it out, but ever since the photo leak it's been crazy.." 

"It's alright, Ames. It's not your fault," Pierre says as he offers me a small smile.

"No, technically it's Chris' fault," Taylor grumbles in response. 

I glance up at him from my phone screen, frowning, "No it's not. He didn't do anything." 

"He's the one with the crazy fucking fans," Taylor snaps back, "They're absolutely insane for this. What are they expecting to see by following my boyfriend? It's so weird Ames, you have to admit that." 

I'm taken aback for a moment as I look at him. "I know it's weird," I say slowly, "Believe me, I know. But I don't know what to do about it. This is part of his life. And by the way, before you get all judgemental about it, this has only been happening to you for one day, and you're already annoyed. Imagine how he feels."

I look at him sternly as I say it and I can tell he's thinking about it for a moment before he sighs and says, "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. Of course it's not his fault." 

"Good," I say as I smile softly, "I promise, Chris is doing everything he can to protect me from this." 

"But Ames," Pierre says quietly, "You do realize that at some point you two will have to address this.. right? I mean, if they're now also following Taylor and I, that means they're onto you and they're watching your every move." 

"I know," I say as I look back down at my phone, sending the screenshots to Chris, "I just feel like it's a bit soon to make it public like that, you know? I'm not sure what the right course of action is, here. I've never been in this situation before." 

Pierre nods and smiles warmly at me, "Of course you should do it all in your own pace, but I think it's a good idea to start thinking about what you're going to do. I have a feeling this won't be secret for long." 

I purse my lips and nod as I look at my phone.

"Well," Taylor says, making me look back up at him, "If they're watching us we might as well give them a show."

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

Taylor smirks, "I mean, I think we should post all kinds of ridiculous shit on our stories today and make them frustrated as hell when they don't get what they want."

Pierre and I laugh, nodding, "Alright, let's do that." 

Right as I finish my sentence, a message pops in. 

Christopher When is this from?

Amelia Today. Taylor and Pierre also gained a lot of followers since last night. 

Christopher Shit. Okay, they're definitely on to us. What do you want to do?

I chew on my bottom lip as I type out my response.