Chapter 62: Butterflies

AMELIA

AMELIA

When our lips part, I flutter my eyes open to look up at Chris. He's smiling softly at me, his arms still wrapped around me tightly when he whispers against my lips, "Come on. We have to go see the butterflies."

My smile widens before I peck his lips a few times and then I take a step back, letting him release me from his hold, as I say, "Yes. Butterflies, please. And I won't leave you alone with her again, promise." 

He chuckles as we start walking back towards Tamara, and then his hand takes mine as he says, "Thank you baby." 

Tamara guides us through more of the flower areas before we finally make our way to an enclosed space. After she lets us through the doors, she says, "We have butterflies flying around all over the garden, but we have a space here for them with different flowers so they can thrive." 

Ever since that minor mishap with Chris earlier, she's been a lot more quiet. She also hasn't been giggling, or smirking, or making eyes at him. I would say I feel bad for her, but that wouldn't be the truth. 

The truth is she was wrong to try and hit on him when he's clearly here with someone. 

And even if he wasn't my boyfriend, even if this was just a random date, it would still have been wrong of her. 

Chris' fingers are laced with mine as I drag him into the space, quickly finding ourselves surrounded by butterflies. They're all around us; sitting on flowers, flying above us, fluttering all over the enclosed space. 

I spot a watering station, in the shape of a flower, and it has three butterflies all in different colors sitting on it. I walk towards it, pulling Chris with me, and I giggle when I extend my hand and a green butterfly elects to land on it. 

"Of course it would be the green one," he whispers as he watches the butterfly sitting on my finger, slowly moving its wings back and forth, and I give him a knowing smirk, "I guess I give off a certain vibe." 

He chuckles at my words, and extends his own hand towards the remaining butterflies, but none of them land on him. 

I smile teasingly as I say, "I guess they like me best. Tough luck, Mr. Evans." 

He tilts his head with a fond smile as he says, "Well, can't say that I blame them. I like you best, too." 

I blush slightly, smiling up at him as I feel giddy, and for a moment it's like there's just the two of us in the entire world, as we gaze into each other's eyes. 

But the moment is quickly broken when a yellow butterfly decides to land on one of his long fingers. He breaks eye contact, looks towards the butterfly, and then back at me with a confident smirk. 

"I guess they like me too, huh?" He says and I roll my eyes as I chuckle. 

"Yeah, yeah," I say as I glance towards the butterfly on his finger and then back at him, "They just like you 'cus you're pretty." 

He quirks a brow at me as his smirk widens, "Oh, you think I'm pretty?" 

"Shut up," I grumble, laughing quietly so I don't scare off the butterflies, "I said they think you are. Don't get cocky now." 

"I've always been cocky," he quickly says, and then he runs his teeth over his bottom lip before whispering, "And I'm pretty sure you like my cock-iness." 

I widen my eyes at him, gasping dramatically as I whisper, "How dare you!" 

That makes him laugh loudly, and the sound startles both butterflies currently occupying our fingers, as they quickly fly off. 

I furrow my brows, pointing a finger in his face as I whisper, "Now look what you did!" 

"It wasn't my fault!" He whisper-shouts, "I didn't do anything." 

I scoff, chuckling as I pull him with me further into the enclosure, "Don't lie, you always do something." 

"Not true," he grumbles as he follows me, "I'm a gentleman, I would never do anything bad, you know that." 

I give him a teasing look as I lean closer to him, whispering, "A gentleman huh? I feel like you've done plenty of things that wouldn't exactly be considered gentlemanly." 

He quirks a brow as he smirks at me, shrugging nonchalantly, "Well, what can I say? You bring that side out in me." 

I give him an incredulous look as I nod, "Oh right. I'm sure it wasn't there before we met.." 

I walk a little to the side, to another area that has different flowers, as Chris stays back to look at the plants in the former spot. As I'm trying to figure out what type of flower I'm looking at, I hear Chris whisper quietly. 

"Ames, stop what you're doing. Turn around towards me, slowly."

My eyes widen slightly as I freeze, slowly turning towards him nervously. 

"Wha-what is it?"

When I finally turn towards Chris I see him standing there with his phone in his hand and a soft smile on his face. 

"Give me a smile, baby," he says as he takes a step closer to me, "But don't move too much, I don't want it to fly away."

"Where is it?" I ask, suddenly realizing that a butterfly must have decided to grace me with its presence without me knowing. 

"In your hair, right on the side of your head. It's fluttering its wings very calmly, I think it likes you," Chris says as his smile widens, taking a few pictures. 

"What color is it?" I ask as I grin at him. 

He chuckles, shaking his head a little as he keeps his eyes locked on his phone screen, taking more pictures, "Green, obviously. Might even be the same one as earlier."

"Guess I found myself a new buddy," I respond with a giggle. 

"Mhm,  but you gotta let your new buddy know that you're not up for grabs, okay? I don't like to share."

"Duly noted, Mr. Evans," I reply teasingly, "I promise you won't have to share me with anyone else."

"Good."  

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡