Chapter 156: Premiere

AMELIA

"CHRIS! CHRIS! OVER HERE!"

The second I step out of the car, I am blinded by the flashing lights surrounding us. I watch as Chris puts on his sunglasses, and I curse myself for not thinking ahead and bringing a pair of my own. 

It hits me like a wall of lights and sounds, Chris' hand firmly holding onto mine as he strides down the rolled out carpet beneath us, guiding me on the way. Megan is by his side, directing him where to go, and he effortlessly follows her instructions while ensuring I'm right there with him. 

I clutch to him, remembering to keep my back straight and smile, but I can feel my heart pounding in my chest with every step I take. All I can see and hear are the sea of people around us, yelling and screaming his name, the lights flashing in quick succession every time we take a step. So many faces that I can't quite focus on, so many things happening all at once. 

There are rows of people on each side of the carpet, only held back by a small barrier, yelling and holding out things, and when I glance around I realize they're fans hoping for his autograph or a picture. 

Chris releases my hand from his hold, and I almost panic when he lets me go, but then I feel his warm palm on the small of my back instead, soothing me as he holds me close. I look up at him with a grateful smile, and he dips his head a little to murmur in my ear, "Doing okay?"

I nod, that's all I can muster right now, it feels like every sense is overwhelmed in a terrifying way. And then it all intensifies. 

"AMELIA!" 

My brows furrow in confusion at my name being called, but I glance toward the source, spotting a group of girls behind the barrier, each with items in their hands as they scream their lungs out, "AMELIA! WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE CHRAMELIA!" 

They start chanting the made up ship-name, and it makes me snort out a chuckle, attracting Chris' attention in the meantime. He looks over as well, his face breaking into a grin, waving to the group of girls and sending them an air kiss and a grateful smile, an action to which they squeal excitedly in response. 

He guides me towards the middle of the carpet, the hand on my back comforting me, and then he murmurs as his arm wraps around my waist to hold me close, facing a row of photographers, "Just relax, keep your back straight, smile. You look beautiful, baby." 

I do as instructed, forcing myself not to blink violently at the many flashes directed at us, not even able to distinguish all the different things they're yelling. 

"CHRIS! OVER HERE!"

"CHRIS! IS THAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!"

"CHRIS AND AMELIA! OVER HERE!"

I'm surprised when some of them even yell out my name, my brows raising slightly before I remind myself to just keep smiling so I don't ruin the pictures. 

"CHRIS! CAN WE GET A SOLO PIC?"

I want to laugh at the question, because of course they want solo pics, and I'm just about to step aside when Chris' hold tightens on my waist. He chuckles, directing his words at the photographers, "Give me a moment guys, I'll be right back. Sit tight." 

Chris guides me further down the carpet, his thumb stroking my side as we walk towards the end of it, and that's when I finally realize Taylor and Pierre are waiting there, having apparently already made their way down the carpet. 

Once we reach them, Chris takes off his sunglasses to place them in his pocket before he pats Pierre on the shoulder with a smile, "Can you take care of my girl until I get back? They already think she cheated on me with you, might as well give them what they want."