Chapter 18: Normal

AMELIA

I take another big sip of my coffee, trying to calm my nerves a little.

I realize we spoke yesterday, and apparently spent most of the evening together, but being sober now as I'm sitting on Chris Evans' couch is an entirely different experience.

I glance towards Chris but when all he does is offer me a soft smile, it helps me calm down slightly again. He insist I shouldn't be embarrassed about last night and there's really no reason to not trust him on that. 

I put my coffee cup down on the table as I sigh, "I really hope you don't think I'm crazy now."

It makes him chuckle as he shakes his head, "No. Well, maybe a little, but in a good way. Don't worry."

I grin at him, "There's nothing wrong with a bit of crazy once in a while."

"Exactly," he says with a wide smile. He shifts on the couch, pulling both legs up on it and bending one so he's facing me more, taking a sip of his coffee as he leans back against the armrest, "So, what's on your agenda for today?"

"Being hungover," I grumble and it makes him laugh.

"What do you usually do when you're hungover?" he asks, grinning at me.

I furrow my brows a little before answering, "Uhh, I don't know. Watch movies? Sleep? I'm always completely useless after a night out," I say with a chuckle.

"Yeah, me too," he says, glancing towards the TV hanging on the wall, "We could watch a movie together, if you want?"

I raise my brows in surprise, "You, uh, you want to watch a movie with me?"

He shrugs, "Yeah, I mean, why not? We can order some food and relax, if you want?"

My stomach feels all fluttery at the idea of spending time with him like this. Who would have thought he could be so.. Normal?

I smile, nodding a little, "Yeah, we could do that, I guess. I don't want to intrude, though."

"You're not, I promise," he says with a wide smile before getting up and grabbing his phone, "What do you want to eat?"

✦✧✦✧

Chris orders pizza and we sit and talk for while as we wait for it to arrive. He fills me in a little more on last night and it makes me even more embarrassed, but his lighthearted chuckles makes me feel slightly better about it. 

Once the pizza is delivered he plops back down on the couch, launching himself over the back of it, managing to balance the pizza box as he does. He hands me a slice and I take it eagerly, I'm practically starving after last night.

But when he grabs the remote and puts on The Little Mermaid, I groan loudly.

"You gotta be kidding me right now."

"What?!" He says with a laugh, "It's like my favorite Disney movie. I know all of the songs!"

That makes me burst out laughing, snorting a little in the process, "No you don't!"

"I do!" he says with a laugh, "I'll prove it to you!"

When the first song comes on, he stays true to his word, singing loudly off key and it makes me giggle even more.

"I can't believe this! I hate this movie!" I say with a laugh.

He snaps his head to the side to look at me, his eyes wide as he gasps dramatically, "What did you just say?!"

I laugh even more as I take a bite of my pizza, chewing and swallowing before I reply, "I loved it as a kid but now it just seems so silly. I hate when she goes 'I'm 16, I can do what I want!' Uhh, no you can't. You're a child. Listen to your father and go do your fucking homework."

That makes Chris laugh loudly and he grabs his chest as he leans forward, wheezing.

I smile widely, feeling a bit proud that I actually managed to get him to laugh like that.

He shakes his head in amusement as he recovers, "I guess you may have a point there. I still love it though."

"It's fine," I say with a playful glare, "I'll suffer through it for you."

He doesn't reply, just looks at me and smiles fondly before turning back to the screen, and I do the same.

After a moment I decide to try and impress him a little. I may not like this movie very much anymore, but if there's one thing I'm good at, it's Disney. 

I keep my eyes on the screen as I say, "Did you know that before The Little Mermaid, Disney hadn't made a princess movie in 30 years?" 

I can see Chris' face turn towards me out of the corner of my eye as he smirks, "I did." 

I look at him, my brows raised in surprise, "Really?"

"Yep," he says proudly, "Last one was Sleeping Beauty." 

I nod at him with a surprised smile, impressed by his knowledge. I cock a brow at him as I decide to challenge him, "Well, do you also know the years they came out, then?" 

He opens his mouth to speak before quickly shutting it again, furrowing his brows. 

"Shit, I know this... Fuck, I can't remember..." 

I chuckle, "Don't worry, I'm just messing with you-"

He interrupts me, exclaiming suddenly, "Ariel was 1989! That makes Sleeping Beauty 1959!" 

I giggle, nodding eagerly, "Yes! I'm very impressed you knew that!"

"You're not the only one who knows Disney," he replies with a smirk. 

I scoff, "No, but I know it because it was my job. What's your excuse?" 

He glares at me jokingly and it makes me giggle again before I lean over to the coffee table, grabbing another slice of pizza. 

"I just like it, okay? Nothing wrong with that," he mumbles bashfully. 

I grin, putting a hand on his arm to reassure him, "I was just kidding. I'm actually really impressed, promise." 

He smiles warmly at me, glancing at my hand on his arm before looking back up at me. 

I quickly retrieve my hand, hiding the blush covering my cheeks as I take a bite of my pizza and turn back to the movie. After a moment he does the same. 

We have a good time as we watch the rest of the movie, making stupid jokes and comments throughout.

As we make our way towards the end of the movie I feel my eyelids getting heavier with every passing second. Once the credits roll, I can no longer stifle the yawn that I've been trying to hide. 

"I think I need to go take a nap," I say with a shy smile and he nods.

"Go get some sleep. Wouldn't want you to have a second-day hangover."

I laugh, "Oh my god, I fear the day that's going to happen to me."

He chuckles, "You should. They're no joke. Thanks for today though, I had fun."

I smile warmly at him, "Yeah me too. And thanks for keeping me safe last night. And for the pizza."

I grin at him before saying goodbye, making my way back to my room. 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡