Chapter 164: A Break

*PSA: A name change has happened to fit the story. While I've used the real people in Chris' life before, I decided to change the name of the friend in question from the real life person it's inspired by, since this is all completely made up and it didn't feel right to create a history between them that we don't know is true or not. If you're in the fandom, you'll most likely have connected the dots on who the person might be, and the name change is close to the original still but changed. Hope it makes sense!*

CHRIS

What am I doing here?

I shouldn't be here. 

What the fuck am I doing in a crowded house at 1am on New Years Eve, drinking my sorrows away alone in the kitchen, while everyone else around me is having the time of their lives?

I let myself get talked into coming because the guys told me I needed to get my mind off things. I know by things, they really meant Amelia, because I know they've been worried about me ever since she left me.

Left me. 

Did she leave me?

I don't even fucking know anymore. 

It's been over a month since my entire life fell apart. I tried to call her, but it quickly became clear that she had blocked my number. Showing up at her place again didn't help, and even though the door eventually opened, it wasn't her face I saw. 

It was Taylor's. I should've known she would have him there, with everything going on. He was angry, suffice to say, and he didn't give me any time to explain, either. 

I did get to speak to him a few days later, though. I told him about the circumstances, I even admitted why I was with Cara that day and why we were doing what we did. I told him that those pictures were taken from that specific angle to make it seem like we were kissing when it was just a hug. I even told him why she was hugging me, but I also made him swear not to tell Amelia. 

I guess I did that because I'm still hoping that she'll forgive me eventually. 

I've been hiding in my house since it happened. I went to ma's place for Christmas, she reluctantly let me come despite being absolutely livid, she yelled at me over the phone when I called to ask her if I was still invited. 

When I finally sat her down to explain what it was all really about, I swear I could see the heartbreak on her face. I guess her face matched mine in that moment.  

What the fuck happened? How the hell did I end up like this? It feels like part of me is missing, now. 

I haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in the outside world. I decided not to check my instagram and twitter, and I knew I'd made the right decision when Megan called me a few days later and told me to delete those apps for the time being. She knows how affected I get by shit like that, even if they are just strangers on the internet. 

My anxiety went through the roof. I spent a lot of time sleeping, or just staying in bed. I didn't see a lot of people, I saw my family for Christmas but otherwise I've only seen Scott in between. 

At least I had Dodger. He had no idea what was going on, he was just happy to have me home all the time. I went on walks with him, but I made sure to go somewhere we wouldn't run into people. Didn't want to risk it. 

Megan told me she sent out statements trying to clarify the situation but I honestly don't give a shit. Whatever she said wouldn't be the entire truth anyway, and I knew that even if we were able to convince some of the public that what those photos depicted wasn't true, a lot of people would still doubt me. Just like Amelia did. Just like she still does.