Chapter 130: Meeting Ma

AMELIA

I lean down to quickly peck his lips, chuckling, "I hope so, but I do think she'd like me a whole lot better if I was dressed." 

Chris barks out a laugh, "You think so? I'm not so sure, I definitely like it when you're not dressed." 

I roll my eyes in amusement, swatting his shoulder, "I'm aware. You sure you want your mom to know about that, though?" I quirk a challenging brow at him, my smile widening. 

Chris shrugs, "Hey, my Ma is the coolest. After I lost my virginity I went straight home and told her." 

I scrunch my face up at his words, "Oh god, you're such a mama's boy." 

"You know this already!" He replies with a laugh. 

I snort, "Yeah, I never commented on that tattoo of yours, but don't think I'm not very aware that you have a taurus tattoo while being a gemini. What did she even say to that when you showed her?" 

"She liked it," he grins, his fingers pinching my hip teasingly, "Don't come for me or my Ma, she'll put you in your place." 

I immediately freeze at his words, my eyes widening as I take a step back, "Oh god, what if she doesn't like me.." 

Chris frowns, hands gripping my waist to pull me closer once again, "Hey, don't say that. She's going to love you." 

"But I make stupid jokes, like this one!" I exclaim, covering my face with my hands, "What if I say something stupid, or make a joke and she doesn't like it? I've never met a boyfriend's parents before, I don't even-" 

"Bug," he interrupts, gently pulling my hands off my face. He links our fingers, eyes looking earnestly into mine, "Don't worry. It's not like she doesn't know about you. You're not going to be a surprise, she knows we're together and I've told her a lot about you. Just calm down for a second, okay? Take a breath for me." 

I inhale deeply, closing my eyes on reflex. 

"Good," Chris hums, his hands trailing up my arms soothingly, "Now exhale and take another one. And just relax." 

I exhale deeply before I take another breath as directed, my panic subsiding inside as I exhale and open my eyes again to look at him.

"Everything will be okay," he smiles, reaching up to cup my cheek with his hand, "Just go get changed and we'll get this over with. There's no need to freak out, I promise." 

✦✧✦✧

I pick out a casual t-shirt and pair of jeans, choosing to let my hair air dry the rest of the way as it hangs loosely around my face. I tug on my shirt a little as I look myself over in the mirror, inhaling deeply to keep my nerves calm. 

Chris walked out of the bedroom a few minutes ago to greet his mom, and he told me to take my time before coming out. 

My fingers reach up to gently caress the gold necklace hanging from my neck, eyes trailing over it as I whisper to myself, "Just breathe. You'll be fine." 

I take another deep breath and square my shoulders before I walk over to the bedroom door, my hand wrapping around the handle and staying there for a few seconds as I gather my thoughts. 

Just do it. 

I pull the door open slowly, eyes downcast as I step into the room, and I immediately spot a friendly furry face trotting over to me as soon as I step over the threshold. 

"Hi again, buddy," I whisper to Dodger as he looks up at me, tail wagging excitedly from side to side. I scratch the top of his head, letting my eyes slowly lift to take in the room.