Chapter 87: Strong

AMELIA

Chris chuckles as he sits down on the floor between Olivia and I, his hand immediately reaching over to take mine. 

"Sure, let's play dress up," he says, lifting my hand to his lips. 

His lips move over my knuckles as Olivia runs over to the large chest filled with costumes and accessories, and Chris leans in closer to me as he watches her, whispering, "That was adorable to watch." 

I glance at him, smiling as I ask, "What was?"

He turns his head to look at me, his face only inches from mine. He smiles warmly, his eyes dipping to my lips for a moment before meeting mine again as he says, "You explaining how you feel about me. It was very cute."

My cheeks heat up and I glance down at our hands, still laced together, but Chris just chuckles softly as he reaches up with his other hand, hooking a finger under my chin. He guides my face back up to meet his as he whispers, "Don't get shy on me now, bug. I feel the same way, don't you know that?" 

I nod slowly, my eyes locked onto the mesmerizing blue of his. Then he leans even closer, and before his lips meet mine, he whispers, "I love you so fucking much, Amelia." 

I cup his cheek as soon as our lips meet, butterflies tumbling wildly around my stomach as I kiss him back gently. 

I wish I could just stay here forever, never having to part from him, but unfortunately, I realize I have to when Olivia sing-songs ooooh!

I chuckle against Chris' lips, and he does the same as we both pull back to look at her. I smile, quirking a brow, "It's rude to stare, you know." 

Olivia giggles, holding a bunch of stuff in her arms as she pointedly says, "Mom and dad kiss, too, and they never say anything when I stare."

I laugh, "Yeah? Well, mom and dad are also used to having you around, so they're probably used to you butting in on their business." 

I wink, and she giggles again before running over to Chris and I. "That's true," she says as she pushes the tea cups on the table aside to place the princess accessories and dresses on it, "I'm with mom all the time so she's probably used to me by now." 

I nod and chuckle, "Yes peanut, I think you're right." 

Then Olivia turns to Chris with a bright smile, "Okay, time for the princess make-over!" 

Chris chuckles, "Alright, hit me." 

Olivia beams as she happily starts sorting through the stuff on the table, sifting out a tiara, some clip on earrings, a necklace and a dress. As soon as she brings out the dress, in a children's size four, I laugh.

"Peanut, I don't think Chris is going to fit in that." 

Olivia pouts, looking between the dress and Chris as she holds it up in front of him, "But he would look so pretty." 

"I know sweetie, but have you seen these?" I reach over, my fingers squeezing his bicep dramatically to make my point, "I'm worried it would rip if we tried, honey." 

A faint shade of pink makes it way onto Chris' cheeks at the action, his eyes moving down to watch as my fingers squeeze and feel his arm. 

"Nooo," Olivia says with a frown, "Those aren't that big, it'll fit fine!" 

That makes Chris frown as he looks up at the four year old, obviously a little offended. He quickly moves his arm up and flexes it, the large muscle on his bicep now protruding out, clearly straining the dress shirt he's wearing. 

Olivia's eyes widen and I laugh at her reaction when she says, "Uh, okay, maybe a skirt instead.." 

Chris laughs as well, Olivia turning around to go back to the costume chest, and just as he's about to put his arm back down, I stop him. 

"Hey, hey," I say with a teasing smirk, "Let me feel." 

I reach up, feeling the hard muscle under my fingertips as he keeps flexing. I lean a little closer to feel it properly, my fingers exploring his bicep slowly, and his eyes stay on my face the entire time. 

"Mmh, feels nice," I whisper, the smirk still firmly planted on my lips, and it makes him chuckle. 

I tilt my head to the side as my eyes move over his large bicep and then to his face, before I whisper, "So strong and sexy. You got a girlfriend, big guy?" 

Chris' smile lifts into a smirk, his other hand reaching out to cup my cheek as he replies in a whisper, "Yes, I do. And she's the best." 

I nod, "Mmhmm, you better remember that all the time, handsome." I let go of his bicep, and before he can react, I quickly lean in to place a chaste kiss on his lips. 

Olivia makes her way back to us right as I move back, and she frowns and purses her lips, "You guys kissed again? But you just did it!" 

Chris and I glance at each other with a chuckle before looking back at Olivia as Chris asks, "Is that a problem?" 

"You kiss a lot," Olivia grumbles as she puts the skirt down on the table with the other accessories, "Mom and dad doesn't kiss that much." 

I laugh, "Yes they do peanut, you just don't see it every time." 

Olivia frowns even more as she looks at me, "You mean they do stuff when I'm not around? That's not fair!" 

Chris barks out a laugh and I join in, watching her confused expression as I say, "Sometimes grown ups need to do things without their kids, peanut. That's just how it works." 

Olivia looks at me for a moment, as if trying to decide whether I'm being serious or not, before she relents and says, "Hm. Okay. I guess so.." 

She grabs the silver tiara off the table, her fingers gingerly reaching up to place it on top of Chris' head as she suddenly asks, "Is that what you'll do when you have kids, too?" 

My eyes widen immediately, and I can just feel my cheeks burning up as soon as she says it. My wide eyes glance to Chris, who meets mine. His aren't as alarmed, though, although still taken aback. 

I start stuttering nervously, "Uh-well, uhm-"

"Probably," Chris interrupts me, "Parents always need time for themselves, it's important to maintain the relationship when you have a family. You need to remember that, before your mom and dad had you, they had each other. And they loved each other very much, so much that it made them want to have you, even. But that doesn't mean the love they have for each other went away, it's still there and still needs to be nurtured and cared for." 

I blink a few times as I look at Chris, a warm smile on his face as he speaks to Olivia. 

She nods, "Yes, that makes sense," and then she reaches over to the table to grab more jewelry. She puts the earrings on him, clicking them in place as she says, "Do you love Auntie Ames enough to want to have kids with her?"

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡