Chapter 59: Going Out

AMELIA

Chris helps me get cleaned up before he washes his own hair and body. 

My mind slowly returns to its normal state while I watch him, the haziness dissipating gradually. 

I'm mesmerized as I watch him wash himself. His muscles bulging when his hands moves through his hair, how his eyes are closed when he tilts his head back to wash the shampoo out. 

The soapy suds sliding down his chest and abs, water trickling down with it, his skin shiny and slick in the bathroom light. 

His thighs flexing when he moves under the stream of water, back muscles tightening while he moves his hands around his body. 

I'm not even aware that he notices, my gaze fixated on him and the way he moves, but my eyes flicker up to meet his when he turns around to face me. 

"How you feeling, sweetheart?" He asks, his voice gentle once he approaches me. 

I nod and hum, my gaze flicking down to his chest before meeting his eyes again, "Feel good. Better." 

His lips quirk up in a soft smile as he moves his hand to my cheek, his fingers stroking it carefully, holding eye contact. It feels like I'm enveloped by the ocean blue surrounding his pupils, it makes me want to give myself away, let them take me. Like I could drown in them and I wouldn't even care.

"Yeah?" He husks out, "That's good. Glad to have my girl back, need her to be able to focus when we go look at all the flowers." 

He leans closer and places a chaste kiss on my forehead, and I furrow my brows at his words. 

"Flowers?" I chirp as he pulls back, meeting my eyes again, "What flowers?"

"That's where we're going," he replies, his smile widening, "I'm taking you to the botanical gardens in Atlanta. It's supposed to be amazing." 

I beam up at him, grinning from ear to ear, "I love botanical gardens!"

He chuckles and places a kiss on my nose, whispering, "I know you do, baby." 

✦✧✦✧

After getting ready, Chris and I make our way down to the garage, getting into the car to drive to the botanical gardens. 

My fingers are laced with his while we drive through the city, my other hand occupied as I swipe through pictures on my phone. 

"Oh my god, look at these! So pretty!"

I turn my screen towards Chris, showing him a picture of yellow orchids, making him chuckle before he pulls my hand up to his lips, placing kisses on my knuckles. 

"Very pretty," he mumbles against my hand, making me giggle slightly when his beard tickles my skin.

"I know! So pretty!" I bring my phone back to look through their website, furrowing my brows, "I wonder if they have butterflies, too.." 

"We'll see soon enough, baby. We'll have someone guiding us through it." 

I smile and nod, swiping through the different pictures until the thought hits me. 

I stiffen in my seat and look over at him, wide eyed, "Wait. What about people? You look like yourself! People will see us!" 

Chris gives my hand a gentle squeeze, his lips lifting in a soft smile, "Calm down, we'll be fine. They closed it down for us for a few hours. No one other than the guide and people working there will know we're there. And they've all signed NDA's. Megan arranged it, we're all good. There's no need to worry, I promise." 

I take a deep breath, giving him a short nod, "Okay, good.. Wait, you bought out the whole place? How is that even allowed?"

"Sometimes they let people book it for events. So I booked it for an event. Only difference from their normal ones is that it'll just be two of us for this particular event," he replies with a casual shrug, glancing out the window. 

I blink a few times, processing his words. 

Huh. 

"That's.. Impressive. I guess dating Captain America has it's perks, after all.." I mumble, turning my attention back to my phone. 

That makes Chris laugh, "Oh, otherwise it was such a bore, hm?"

"Yep," I quip, popping the P, "I don't know how I even managed to be with you this long, you being an old man and all that." 

I smile teasingly at my phone, expecting a chuckle in response from Chris, but when all I get is silence I glance up from my screen to look at him. 

He's smirking at me, one brow raised dominantly as he stares me down. 

I sit up a little straighter when I notice his demeanor, trying to match his gaze, but I quickly start nibbling on my bottom lip when the look on his face intimidates me. 

Chris notices, and he chuckles deeply before he says, "I don't understand how I ended up with such a brat."

"Hey!" I quickly exclaim, "I am not a brat!"

Chris chuckles again, shaking his head in amusement, "Oh yes you are. Biggest brat I've ever had to deal with, that's for sure." 

I huff a little in response and he takes the bait, leaning closer to me to whisper, "You didn't think I was such a boring old man an hour ago, kitten." 

I can feel his hot breath fanning over my skin when he speaks and a shiver runs down my spine at his words. 

"Uhm.." I hesitate, trying to hold his intimidating gaze while being painfully aware of how my cheeks are burning up, "I never said I didn't like boring old guys. Just that you were one..." 

As soon as the words leave my mouth I realize how stupid I sound, but it's too late to fix it. He's jumbling my brain and I'm having trouble stringing together even just one coherent thought. 

His smirk widens before he leans even closer, placing a kiss on my forehead, his words a low whisper, "I will make you regret your words later." 

He casually pulls back to the spot he was in before, his thumb rubbing my knuckles soothingly as he settles into his seat, glancing out the window again. 

And all I can do is just sit there, staring at him, wide eyed and stunned. 

✦✧✦✧

Liked this chapter? Please remember to vote and comment! ♡