Chapter 120: Consequences of Flirting

AMELIA

We spent the remainder of the afternoon cuddled up together, mainly because I kept clinging to him like a koala bear. 

We tried watching a movie, but we couldn't decide on one, making me ultimately suggest we start watching a TV show together. We agreed on Peaky Blinders, because neither of us had seen it before, but it also came with strict guidelines. 

"Okay, but then we can only watch it when we're together. No cheating."

Chris chuckles at my words, nodding quickly, "It's a deal. It'll be our thing. We only watch it together, never when we're apart." 

"I like that," I reply with a smile, my side leaning against his chest as I sit sideways in his lap, "Now that we're in agreement, you can press play, mr. Evans." 

Chris smiles, placing a quick kiss on my temple as he presses play on the remote. 

I dig out my phone, finding the picture I took of him last night, and I quickly post it to instagram before I forget. 

Chris watches as I do, a scoff leaving his lips when he reads my caption, "Puppy? Really?"

I giggle as I look up at him, "You are a puppy. The cutest one!" 

I can see he's about to make a snarky retort, so I quickly lean up and plant my lips on his to shut him up. 

He smiles, his head shaking in amusement as he takes out his own phone, keeping it out of my view. A few seconds later, I get a notification from instagram. 

"You commented? Really? You could have just told me, dork." 

I read the comment, immediately gasping dramatically as I slap his chest, "How dare you!" 

He laughs loudly, his arms wrapping tightly around me to keep me from responding, but I wiggle my way out of his hold, "No way, I have to respond or people will think It's actually true!"

He laughs again as I type out my reply at a furious rate, "No they won't, bug. It's alright." 

I scoff, an audible hrmpf leaving my lips as I look at him, "If I have to be nice to you, you have to be nice to me, too. It goes both ways." 

I pout up at him, my bottom lip protruding out dramatically, which makes him chuckle. He leans closer until his teeth can nip at my lip, whispering, "I'm always nice, baby. You're the one who goes around flirting with other people, not me." 

My eyes immediately widen before my brows furrow in concern. I pick up the remote to press pause and then I turn back to him with a serious expression, "You're joking, right? You don't actually think I flirt with people, do you?" 

His amused smile falters, his expression turning more solemn as he holds my gaze. 

A worried unease runs through me. I can feel my heart pounding nervously in my chest as I quickly reach up to cup his face, "Oh my god baby, I'm so sorry. I wasn't flirting, I swear. I only had you in mind the entire time." 

There's a sadness laced across his face and I know he's thinking about last night. I didn't mean to flirt with someone else, or make him upset. When I noticed him watching us, I tried to keep it friendly, but then his possessive demeanor made my head swim and I couldn't help myself, I had to tease him. 

"Baby," I whisper, my eyes scanning his as I start to panic, "Please say something. Please don't be mad at me." 

He sighs, his hands moving me around until I'm straddling his lap, "I'm not mad at you, bug. But it did bother me. Especially after Taylor told me who he really is."