Chapter 147: Serious Purpose

AMELIA

Chris grins widely at my words, clearing his throat when I take a step back to look up at him. He glances around the office space, his lips pinching together shyly, making me glance over my shoulder. 

There are still a handful of people staring at us, but I'm unsure whether it's because of our public display of affection or because they recognize him. 

I turn back to look up at Chris with a wide smile, my hand sliding down his arm to his hand so I can entwine our fingers. 

"Come on," I whisper, tugging on his hand gently, "I'll show you my desk." 

"Alright," Chris chuckles, bending down to pick up the shopping bag thats standing on the floor before he follows me, "It's about time I see the place that keeps stealing you away from me." 

I snort and nod as I walk through the office towards my cubicle, "Mhm, yeah, I definitely prefer being here, for sure. There's no way I would spend all of my time with you if I could, nope, no way." 

Chris laughs, his fingers giving mine a squeeze as we reach my cubicle. I gesture at it, smiling sarcastically, "Welcome to my kingdom. I know it's big, no need to get overwhelmed, okay? I'm still just a normal person." 

He laughs again, shaking his head at my words as his eyes run over my small desk, "You're such a dork." 

He releases my hand to step inside, his fingers trailing over my open notebook. "Working hard I see," he looks over at me with a teasing smirk, "I can tell you prefer the green highlighter." 

I chuckle, "I've told you already-"

"Yeah, yeah," he interrupts, waving a dismissive hand, "Green's your favorite, I know. I'm not the best boyfriend ever for nothing." 

I giggle and shake my head, "No, you certainly aren't." 

He turns towards me, leaning on my desk with his palms splayed out behind him, "This is nice, although I had hoped for a bit more privacy." 

I quirk a brow, stepping closer so I can lower my voice, "Oh yeah? And why is that?" 

He reaches out for me, pulling me closer with one hand, his voice lowered to a deep whisper, "Had this fantasy of fucking you in the office." 

I snort, "Of course you did." 

"Hey, it would be hot!" He chuckles, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear, "But I'm not sure I'd like to do it with an audience like this."

I smirk, glancing around the office space before I look back at him, "What, you don't want it to be just you, me and 50 of my closest colleagues?"

"Nah, I'm good," he laughs, bending down to place a chaste kiss on my lips, "I'll save it for later."

"Hmm, might be a good idea," I grin, placing my hand on his bicep, "Although I'm very happy you decided to come visit. Happy, and surprised." 

"I told you, I have a purpose for being here," he defends, furrowing his brows teasingly, "This is a serious visit, no goofing around." 

"Oh yeah? And what's your oh so serious purpose?"

"That," he replies, pointing towards the shopping bag placed on the floor inside my cubicle, "I'm the delivery boy. So you have to show me in the direction of your boss, help me deliver it. Please?" 

I nod and chuckle, "Alright, I'll give you a hand. Can't say no to the cutest delivery boy I've ever seen." 

Chris grins widely as I tug him with me out of the cubicle, the shopping bag in one of his hands while he holds mine in the other. I guide him through the large office, showing him the different open spaced areas with cubicles, a few people clearly recognizing him and staring openly as we go.