Brotherly Rivalry

I stopped in my tracks and sighed.

"Who is it this time?" I asked Adrienne. I didn't need to wait for an answer though.

Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji jumped out of the trees and surrounded us.

"Why are there six of you?" Chouji asked.

"Clearly because they're too weak to travel alone." Ino smirked.

"I'll get you for that one." I growled at ino.

"I bet they don't even have any scrolls left." Shikamaru smirked.

I looked at shikamaru and smiled. "You'd be surprised. I bet you that Sam here could beat you in shoji."

"I highly doubt that. I'm the most intelligent person here." Shikamaru smirked.

"I beg to differ." Sam said as he walked up to Shikamaru. "I believe that I shall fight you. If I win, you go away. If I lose, you'll get one of our scrolls."

"How do I know that you actually have any scrolls?" Shikamaru asked.

"Because we have four. Two earth, two heaven."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"Because I'm your brother."

"I don't have a brother."

"The name's Takeshi Nara." Sam said. "Surely you've heard of me."

"But that's just a myth." Shikamaru said while doubting himself. "It's not actually real."

"Now, you look like a smart guy." Sam said to Shikamaru. "Now tell me. Looking at me, do you still think it's a myth?"

"No." Shikamaru said.

"Well then, let's fight."

With that, Shikamaru and Sam began their fight. Shikamaru was the first to act. He caught Sam in his shadow possession jutsu and held him there. I knew that Sam could easily escape, but he didn't. He only faked attempting to get out.

Shikamaru smirked and began to walk over to Sam.

"What a drag." He said. "I had to waste so much time talking to you and your claims of awesomeness, only to defeat you so early on."

Shikamaru took a Kunai out of his pocket and began to point it towards Sam. He ran at Sam and then moved to stab him until his kunai was a inch away from Sam's heart.

"I believe I have won." Shikamaru said. "Hand over the scroll."

"Not quite." Sam smirked. He broke out of Shikamaru's shadow possession jutsu and used his own jutsu to capture shikamaru. He then took the pleasure of making Sam dance around in circles like a monkey. We all laughed, including Ino and Chouji.

"Shut up guys!" Shikamaru yelled while blushing. "You're supposed to help me get out of here."

"But it's funny." Chouji complained.

We were having a right old time laughing together when the aura went from happy to scary.

"Run." I said to Shikamaru, Ino, and Chouji.

"Why?" Ino asked. She didn't have to wait for a response though. Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro jumped out of the tree and landed in front of us.

"Go. Now." I said to them.

"But-" I cut Chouji off.

"RUN." I screamed. "Save yourselves."

They ran. Gaara tried to chase them, but I stopped him.