Music in the Moonlight

I had almost fallen asleep when I heard a noise downstairs. I walked down the steps and saw Sam playing the piano in the middle of the room.

I walked over to him and sat with my back the the piano. I listened in silence for a while before Maria eventually joined us.

We sat there. Just the three of us. It was very nice. No one spoke for a long time. I can't tell if it was minutes or hours.

Eventually, Sam spoke. "You two could join me if you'd like."

Maria got out her flute and I got my violin. The three of us played for a while until eventually Adrienne came down. She got out her violin. I then switched to the second violin part so that she could play the first.

The next person to join our ensemble was Kara. She found a clarinet in the closet and joined us.

The final member of our group was highly unexpected. I heard a knock at the door and went to investigate. I found Gaara standing there.

"Hello....." I said rather awkwardly.

"Hi..." He said. We stood there for a little while. "Umm..."

"Yes?" I asked.

"Well, I couldn't help but hear the amazing music you're playing and I would like to join if you'd be okay with that." I was amazed at what Gaara had just told me.

"Sure." I said calmly. "What do you play?"

"Piano." He said. "However since you only have one I could make another from sand..." his sand started spiraling into the shape of a piano.

"No, here, let me." I created him a beautiful piano out of wood, stone, and the finest strings ever. I also created a stool for him to sit on. I went back and started playing my violin.

Gaara ran his hands over the keys a few times before he started playing. It was the most beautiful sound ever. I never knew that they even had pianos in the Naruto world, let alone that Gaara could play one.

We played with our mini ensemble for a while until eventually Temari and Kankuro ran through my front door. I ran over to Kankuro and kicked him.

"What was that for?" He groaned as he held his leg.

"You interrupted our music." I said.

"We were just trying to save you from Gaara." Temari said. "He ran out of our house earlier. We had thought he came here."

"I did." Gaara said as he stood up from his seat at the piano. Temari and Kankuro jumped back in fear. Bakas. "I came here to play music with them. Until you interrupted."

"We're sorry." Kankuro stuttered. "We didn't mean to interrupt you."

"Whatever." Gaara mumbled as he headed out the door. The rest of us all went up to bed.

I fell asleep with the shadow of our music still playing in my head.

~•~

I woke up in the morning and found Aniqa making us pancakes again.

"YAY!!!!" I screamed. I got my pancakes and ate them in the living room. Everyone else came down later.

"I had the weirdest dream last night." Emily said. "I dreamt that you guys were all in an orchestra. Gaara was there too. It was amazing."

We all laughed our heads off.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"Nothing!!!!" we all giggled. She shrugged it off.

We all went to get changed. Once everyone was back in the living room, I looked at their clothes.

Maria and Adrienne were still wearing the same thing. Emily was wearing a Japanese shirt like tenten's in shippuden. It was pink with white flowers. She had on a long, flowy pink skirt that went down to her ankles. Her hair was let loose with her bangs falling over her face.

Kara had her short black hair sitting with her bangs in her face as usual. There was a streak if dark blue in her bangs there. She had on a black ninja shirt with a dark blue tie around her waist. She was wearing a scarf that matched the tie. She had on black tights with short shorts on top of them. She was also wearing sneakers instead of ninja sandals. I've started doing the same.

Sam was wearing a gray tank top and black cargo pants. He had on blue and black sneakers. He has a round face and brownish red hair. He's a little shorter than Maria.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked.

"Yup." they all said.

~•~

Once we got to the place where we were going to meet Kakashi, we found that we had actually beaten Kakashi for once. Me, Sam, Maria, and Adrienne decided to have a chopsticks championship.

For those of you who don't know, chopsticks is a game in which both people start off with one finger on each hand. If someone taps your hand with one finger, you have to put up one finger. If you have two fingers and someone taps you with two fingers you then have four fingers. Once you get to having five or more fingers up on one hand, that hand is out. I'm not going to go into further detail.

The initial pairings for our tournament were Adrienne vs Sam and me vs Maria. I beat Maria and Sam beat Adrienne. Then it was time for me to go against Sam. I made him go first so that he couldn't win instantly. We managed to get it to fall into a loop when eventually Kakashi showed up and we had to stop.

"AWWWWW!!!!!!" I screamed. "We were so close to finishing!!!!!"

"You wish." Sam smirked. I glared at him. Kakashi looked at us with a ''what the freak?" face.

"Anyway..." Kakashi said. ''I've nominated you guys for the chunin exams. Sice there are six of you, Mizuki, Hotaru, and Hanabira will be on a team by themselves with Jiraiya sensei."

"Who are Mizu-" I cut sam off before he could blow our cover.

"It's Maria, me, and Adrienne nimrod." I muttered.

"Will we be able to enter the chunin exams?" Emily asked jesturing to herself, Sam, and Kara.

"Ah, you guys." Kakashi said. "I spoke to the hokage, and he said that he would make an exception for you.''

"YAY!!!" Emily and Kara screamed.

"Whatever." Sam muttered. I could tell he was really excited though.

Naruto walked over to us and looked at Sam, Emily, and Kara.

"Who are they?" He asked.
"Well," Sam began. "I'm sa-" I elbowed him in the ribs.

"This is Takeshi Nara." I pointed at Sam. "Sora Senju," Kara. "and Kazuko Namikaze."

Naruto looked at all of them. "Hey Kazuko, you look a lot like me. I would say you're my sister, but that can't be right." Naruto said. "You're the fourth hokage's daughter."

We all burst out laughing. Kakashi glared at us.

We ignored him and kept on laughing.

"Someday the rest of us will know as much as you guys do." Kakashi sighed.

"Not until himawari comes along." I said. "And after we read part three it'll be even longer."

Emily elbowed me. "Shut up Baka."

"In your dreams."

We all took our application forms for the chunin exams.

"We're actually doing this." Maria said. "We've made it to the chunin exams. We are doing this. We are in Naruto."

I stood for a minute and just thought it over. "Wow. That's right."

"Fangirl moment?" Adrienne asked.

"Fangirl moment." I responded.

"EEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP" We all squealed.