Surprises

My hands shook as I walked up the steps to my room. When I got there, I shut the door and collapsed onto my bed. There was no way that it was real. There was no way he could be here. He was just a figment of my imagination. Just a dream. I shuddered at the thought of him being real.

What would he do to my friends? He had been willing to make me kill them and then torture them. What would he be able to do? If he had managed to hospitalize Sam, then he has to be decently strong at least.

I got up from my bed and walked into my bathroom, crying all the way. I had never taken a bath here before. Always showers. But right now, I felt that I needed a bath to calm myself some.

After a few minutes of searching through various cupboards, I found some bubble bath stuff. I messed with the knob for a few seconds before I got the water to turn on, then poured some of the bubble bath soap in. I waited a few moments for it to fill, then got in and turned off the water.

I quickly realized that I hadn't used hot water. Why on earth would I fill the bathtub with cold water? Idiot. I weighed my options and then decided to heat it by using fire ninjutsu. I was about to do hand signs when I realized that I didn't have to. I wished my powers back to me and heated it. I'll wish them away again after my bath, but for now, I'm too exhausted to get rid of them.

I slumped down in the bathtub so that only my head was above the water. I thought about the third exam which was coming up in two days. Everyone was going to expect so much from me and Adrienne. It's gotten boring. I wish everyone could just forget about our accomplishments and just think of us as those dreadful ninjas who got through purely on luck.

"Crap," I muttered to myself. "What if that actually worked and everyone thinks that we're terrible now." I panicked for a few seconds before deciding that that would be really nice. I would be able to go train over the two year break and come back using my full ability and no one would question me.

I fantasized for a while over all the things I could do if everyone thought that I was dreadful. Somewhere in my fantasies I ended up making people think that the rest of my friends were dreadful too, also making everyone but Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Hiruzen forget about the whole prophecy thing.

It was around midnight when I finally got out of the bath. I dried and braided my hair then had just put on some pajamas to sleep when Emily knocked on the door. I jumped. "Yes?" I asked.

"Can I come in?" she responded. "I just got home thirty minutes ago and Adrienne told me about how you had stormed out of the room earlier."

I sighed. "Sure, but only for a little bit. I'm going to be sleeping soon." I plopped myself down on my bed as she opened the door.

"I just got home and Maria and Adrienne told me about what happened earlier." As began. "Are you okay? I heard you ran out of the room."

"I'm fine now." I smiled at her. "Thanks for checking on me though."

"Any time." She gave me a hug and walked to the door.

After she was gone, I lay down in my bed and went to sleep. My dreams that night were a blur of bowler hat dude and random character deaths. Nothing to drastic. Until my final dream.

I saw Sam lying on a hospital bed with a huge wound on his stomach. He wasn't moving, just lying there. He looked so helpless. I woke up after that and went for a walk.

After five minutes of walking, I summoned Methias and crawled up onto his head. We started flying.

"Why are you up so late?" He asked me. "Shouldn't you be asleep right now? even our nightly training sessions never went this late."