2

you saw a woman standing behind you, she was holding groceries in both her hands. she continued to talk to you, "are you a traveler too?" she questioned and that was when you noticed her unusual attire.

she had a big, purple witch like hat with all kinds of stars on it, two pigtails coming from underneath the material and bangs that framed her face nicely.

the orange-ish hue of the sunset shined on her face, complementing her green eyes.

not only her hat was purple, but her entire outfit was mostly purple, she looked at you with her light green eyes and you opened your mouth to speak up, "yes i am, i will be sleeping over here for the time being." you answered and gave her a small smile as you motioned at the building in front of you.

she made an o like shape with her mouth and continued, "then that means were neighbors, for now." she said curled the corners of her mouth upwards.

she wanted to walk to her house which was next to yours but stopped in her tracks to turn around again, "where are you from?" she said and you answered her.

"liyue, what about you?" you lied to her and you saw her eyes narrow for a second, she regained her usual composure again and spoke up, "i was born here in mondstadt." she said and you noticed her voice slightly lacked with kindness now.

suddenly the tension got thick and you didnt know why, 'it would be awful if she was from liyue.' you thought to yourself but shrugged it off.

she breathed in deeply and opened her mouth once more while placing the groceries on her doorstep, "by the way, my name is mona." she said without looking at you, she started fiddling with her key instead.

you copied her movement and opened your door, "im y/n, nice to meet you." you said and looked one more time to her, she was already inside and had closed the door behind her.

not knowing why she was reacting like that, you went inside as well and would find out about that later. not now, you had many other things to take care of now.

to stay in contact with her highness, she had given you a small device so you could communicate with one of the fatui members that were still in snezhnaya, they would report your actions then to the tsarista.

you looked around and placed your backpack on the couch, it was a nice place to stay in, a living room on the right side which had a couch and a coffee table. on the other side was a kitchen accompanied with a table to eat on.

assuming the bedroom and bathroom were upstairs, you decided it would be good to take a rest first. and so you slumped on the couch and got your device in your hand. snezhnaya was known for their good technology and you were thankful for that.

you turned the device on, entered the passcode and started typing your message to deliver to snezhnaya.

No. 12
successfully arrived in mondstadt without casualties.

after quickly typing that, you pressed send and you saw a small loading icon pop on your screen, after a few seconds the screen became a bright white with the word 'sent.' on it.

now you were done with that, you had to find out where the gnosis was so la signora could take it without trouble.

you went upstairs along with your backpack again and placed the essentials on their place, you would stay here for a week or so, shorter if everything went perfect.

putting your toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom, you walked back to the bedroom and got your spare clothing out your bag and placed it in the nearby closet.

you looked at the clock on the wall of the bedroom and saw it was close to 7PM, you didnt have dinner yet and decided to buy something for now.

and so you went downstairs, walking to the door again and see if you would get some food outdoors. you were still wearing your usual clothes so you could leave the house without changing.

twisting the handle of the door downwards, it made a slight creaking sound. it didnt surprise you since the house didnt look very new either. you stepped outside and closed the door behind you, ready to leave.

you walked straightforward and passed wagner, took a sharp left and passed the adventures guild as well. mondstadt was actually a very beautiful city with its own culture, you looked around how everything looked in the night sky and let your feet lead you.

soon you slowed your pace and stopped in your tracks as you smelled something delicious, the scent of fresh meat filled your nose and you looked where the scent came from.

looking to your left, you saw a small stand with a woman standing behind it, she was talking to someone, a customer perhaps. although his clothing didnt seem very ordinary to be just a customer.

the woman from the stand had brown hair tied up in a high ponytail, bangs that laid over her forehead and amber eyes.

you noticed she was done talking to the customer and made your way towards her, hoping you could get some nice dinner.

you approached the stand and the girl noticed you, her eyes shot in your direction and she gave you a gentle smile as she spoke up, "welcome to good hunter. how can i help you?" she said in a kind voice.

"can i get food to go?" you asked her. you thought it would be logical for her to have some food as it smelled delicious around here. the girl from the stand got one hand on her hip and spoke up, "certainly, here is the menu."

scanning the menu, you decided to go with one chicken mushroom skewer, it seemed very appealing to you. after you exchanged the said mora with the girl, you saw the previous customer leaning against a lantern.

he was looking at you with curious eyes. you wondered why, it seemed like everyone in the city of freedom was watching your every move already.

you were about to leave but the male stood straight and approached you. in two single steps he stood right in front of you and spoke up, "well, hello there." he said in a smooth voice while folding his arms in front of his chest.

before you greeted back, you looked up at the male and saw he had an eyepatch, his other eye had an iris which was shaped like a diamond. with navy blue hair accompanied by lighter streaks of blue that he kept together in a long ponytail.

you turned your head up to face the man and spoke up simply, "hello." you said while having your senses alert, your cover couldnt be blown. you waited for him to explain why he approached you so suddenly.

luckily for you, he explained, "i havent seen you around here, perhaps you are new?" he said as he slightly narrowed his eye at you and gave you a small smile.

"i arrived this evening actually, i wish to see more of this part of teyvat." you said in your usual tone. you werent dumb, you knew exactly why this guy was having a conversation with you. he wanted to see if you were an intruder or such.

he sighed and let both his arms fall to his sides, he couldnt find anything in your behavior that seemed suspicious. the only suspicious thing being the fact you looked like a traveler but he didnt see the little amulet that indicated what vision you had.

now with one hand on his hip, he spoke up, "my name is kaeya, im the calvary captain of the knights of favonius." he said and he inspected your reaction.

you were close to gasping but held it in, 'i wasnt supposed to get the attention of the knights of favonius this early already.' you mentally cursed yourself.

trying to act like it didnt faze you, you introduced yourself as well, "im y/n, its nice to meet you." you spoke up to him and you saw him nod.

the conversation was awkward, you were both suspicious of each other but wouldnt show it.