32

"they ran right behind that corner." you spoke up as you tried to find aether, paimon and the taller man. your hand was still holding dilucs gloved hand, dragging him behind you.

diluc didnt oppose, he knew he could walk himself but somehow didnt mention it to you. the two of you kept on walking and finally arrived at the corner.

now taking a turn, you were met with aether and paimon and an unknown male facing you with his back, the three of them were conversing.

diluc saw it too and spoke up, "what happened?" he asked to aether, referring to the fact that they had multiple guards running after them not even a minute ago.

the taller male in front of you turned around as he heard dilucs voice, that was when you came to realize who it actually was. the clothing, the hair, the mask on the side of his face.

you slowly let go of dilucs hand, he seemed to notice but didnt say anything about it and remained watching the scene.

childe was standing right in front of you and there was a big change he already told aether that he was a harbinger, that is just the kind off guy he is.

you prayed he would just pretend to not recognize you or it would just make matters way worse. he turned fully around and looked at you in an instant.

"oh, hey y/n." he said as he gave you a closed eyed smile. you just looked at him with widened eyes, at a loss of words and not knowing what to say.

paimon spoke instead, "you know the fatui guy?!" she said to you while keeping her widened eyes glued on you.

right as the words 'fatui guy' left paimons mouth, diluc tensed up. his eyes widened while his eyebrows furrowed, his jaw was clenched as he looked at the man in front of him.

incoming minor genshin impact webtoon spoiler regarding dilucs past.

if there was anyone in the world who hated the fatui the most, it would be diluc. he could not ever forgive what the fatui did to his father.

spoilers ended.

diluc hated the fatui with his whole heart, he couldnt even bear to look at the man in front of him. childe was just smiling, greeting you as if he had not committed countless crimes, it disgusted diluc.

the red haired man noticed your shocked expression and extended his arm in front of you. with his upper arm making contact with your chest, he pushed you back from childe while keeping his glare on the orange haired male.

"stay away." he ordered childe in a loud voice, his voice was intimidating and had a cold tone. childe simply raised his eyebrows at dilucs reaction.

childe was confused, he didnt place the pieces together yet and spoke up instead without much thought, "why would i stay away?" he asked as he fully turned his body to diluc.

"you fatui dont know what youre doing." diluc started off, his voice void from any emotion but you could hear that he clearly had a heavy grudge against the fatui.

childe seemed amused by it, his smile turned into a smirk as he saw diluc 'protecting' one of his fatui comrades. he finally came to understand the situation as he realized that these people didnt know that you were a harbinger.

your fatui comrade always had a thing for provoking people, he found pleasure from it. that is why he continued to tease diluc. "is that so?" childe asked diluc in a mocking way.

the tension got thick, too heavy to your liking. neither aether, paimon or you would dare to say anything. "you just run around and kill whoever stands in your way." diluc spoke seriously as he kept his eyes fixated on childe.

childe couldnt contain his amusement, he started laughing right in front of diluc. the entire situation was too entertaining for him, 'denigrating the fatui while protecting one of its members...' he thought to himself.

childes laughter was piercing the heavy tension, aether looked worried at childe as if he was a maniac, paimon just looked overall confused.

diluc was about to speak up again, his arm fell from your chest back to his side as he took a step closer to childe. he wanted to ask the male what was so funny, but childe himself beat him to it. the orange haired man turned from diluc and faced aether instead.

he let out a deep breath after his laughing fit and spoke up, "if you want to clear yourselves from any suspicions, you need to get to northland bank." he told aether and paimon while his smile remained, completely changing the topic.

you didnt know what he had in mind, you would have to talk to him in private but that would be extremely difficult now. childe turned back around to face you and spoke up, "see you." in his usual voice.

and with that, he turned around the corner where you came from and left without a trace. you were still in a daze from what happened, everyone was.

diluc coughed up, ridding the situation of its silence and spoke up, "i suppose you two should go." he said with a calm composure to aether and paimon.

the first thing was clearing them of the suspicion, even if it was an idea from a fatui member, he couldnt deny that it was a good thing to do first.

the blonde boy nodded at diluc, "we will explain later." aether said as he took a deep breath. "can you two find a place to stay?" he asked as he eyed both you and diluc.

"we will." you said while giving him a small nod. and with that, you four separated paths once again. you could hear paimon mumbling as she floated away from you, "what just happened, paimon is confused..."

the first thing diluc did was turn back to you, now fully facing you, "is everything okay?" he asked you while keeping his cold stare.

you nodded and spoke up, "yes, but im more worried about you." you spoke up and countered his question. he seemed fairly mad earlier.

"im fine now." he said in an unsure tone, he broke eye contact with you and shifted his gaze to the side, looking for a place to stay at.

you spoke up, deciding to leave the topic alone, "lets just look for a kathryne from the adventures guild here." you started off and walked to a wooden staircase with red liyue styled railings.

"im sure she can give us some places." you finished and started to ascend the stairs, diluc walking besides you.

the red haired man nodded, he still had a question on his mind about the entire situation, he didnt want it to be true. it was almost like the fatui cicin mage incident all over again.

the two of you made it to the top of the stairs and saw a small adventures guild identical to the one in mondstadt. as you both walked to it, diluc decided to just ask you it.

"y/n." he said to grab your attention, his gaze straight forward on the adventures guild. you looked at him as he called you, "yes?" you asked him and let him know he had your attention.

diluc took a deep breath, his eyes now finally meeting yours, "why did he know your name?"