0

note: this chapter takes place before you joined the fatui.

you were surrounded in a puddle of your own blood, you didnt know how it happened or why it happened, all you knew is that the side of your stomach was torn apart with blood flowing out of it.

you lost track of time after a few days ago, who knew how long you had been in this place by now. all you wanted was to get out of here.

as if it couldnt be any worse, the cryo abyss mage threw a piece of ice at you. not being able to notice it in such a short time, it scarred your forehead. you tightened your hold on the spear in your hand, ready to fight back any time.

the scar was right above your eyebrow, going all the way to your temple. blood started dripping from it not long after the impact.

the blood blocked your vision, you took a step forward, trying to break the shield of the five mages in front of you. there were two pyro abyss mages, two cryo ones and one hydro mage.

it was absolute hell, the sound of your feet clashing in your own blood on the floor. the way the mages laughed at you whenever you were trapped in a water bubble. and the worst being the fact that they would simply dissappear into thin air whenever you wanted to attack.

you were just a child at the time, you didnt knew any basic strategies at that time nor how to properly dodge attacks.

suddenly you felt a burning sensation down the lower part of your torso, you snapped your head down at the pain and saw fire coming from three different ways all at you.

you gasped and immediately jumped back to avoid getting burned even more, you had to find a safe place where you could be ready to use your elemental skill, summoning a second electro spear.

but there was no safe place, when you jumped back your back hit something else, you turned your head and were met with a single hydro abyss mage. you were extremely sure that the mage wasnt there before.

"curse you and your teleporting shit." you whispered out loud to no one in particular. the mage just mocked you and let out their signature laugh, raising their hand and throwing a water bubble your way.

the moment the bubble was formed, it already hit you since you were standing to close to it. you were trapped in the bubble again.

it felt horrible, you couldnt breath. the water from the bubble was slightly flowing into your wound on the side of your stomach, leaving a stinging pain. the blood from your injuries mixed with the bubble as well.

now with the bubble being a dark crimson red, you couldnt see at all anymore, there was no light around you and the need to breath grew with every second.

but then you heard shrieking around you, it was the mages. you didnt know what was happening around you but the mages werent laughing anymore. instead, you heard them casting spells at someone else.

it all happened in the blink of an eye. your bubble broke and you fell to the ground, being covered by your own blood mixed with water. you sat up properly while coughing and catching your breath.

not much later after you caught your breath, you hurried to your feet again and took two steps back. whoever had defeated the mages saved your life.

suddenly she revealed herself. it was a fairly tall woman. the first thing you noticed was her cold demeanor, her piercing eyes looking at you, glaring holes into you.

you shuddered at her stare, she came closer to you and you felt intimidated. with her arms folded in front of her chest, she stood in front of you.

she opened her mouth, "are you the last one?" she simply asked you. you deadpaned. you had absolutely no idea what she was asking you at this point, you were on the verge of death not too long ago.

you didnt reply, instead you looked down at the floor and furrowed your brows. she eyed you up and down before letting her arms fall back to her sides, she continued her questioning, "do you know where you are?" she said.

you slowly shook your head at her and held your side of your stomach in order to stop some more blood from dripping out.

she started walking past you, her long coat flowing behind her as she did, it was then when you noticed that she had a cryo amulet on.

"floor nine of the abyss. im surprised you could make it up here all alone." she said and walked around you while inspecting you and your injuries.

as she was behind you, she noticed you didnt speak up at all. 'probably the trauma.' she thought to herself.

the woman started talking again, this time inching closer to your ear, "do you wish to grow stronger?" she started off. you had no idea what she was going to do but you let her anyways.

you nodded at her, she did save you after all and you felt safe with her. the woman who now stood in front of you again smiled at you after you answered.

a feeling of comfort overcame you after seeing her smile like that, you felt like she was your savior. you stared at her and saw her opening her mouth once more, "come with me." she ordered.

the woman with the cryo vision then walked off in front of you, you followed her without hesitation. she continued to speak up, "once you are old enough, you can join my organization." she said with her back facing you as she continued to walk.

you followed behind her silently, still soaked in your own blood but didnt care much anymore, you could finally be safe now after all those days in the abyss. it was horrible.

she came to a halt but didnt turn around, "i see potential in you, do not disappoint me." she then spoke up sternly.