22

"paimon cant wait to taste all dishes at wangshu inn!" she said excitedly as she floated in front of you three.

after unlocking the domain in dragonspine, you all immediately started moving again, it was only 3pm yet anyways.

you looked in front of you as you kept walking with them, diluc behind you and aether next to you with paimon at the front. you ignored the rambling of the floating girl as you saw several plants in your way.

that would mean that the sheer cold would decrease, meaning you would be out of dragonspine very soon. tilting your head up you saw the path changing from a white snow to a dark green grass.

"look! were almost out of dragonspine." you spoke up with some excitement in your voice as you pointed in front of you.

paimon stopped her rambling and turned to the way that you were pointing at, her eyes lit up just like aethers.

in the far distance was a silhouette of a big building in sight, presumably wangshu inn. you never really had the time or effort to visit that place so you were somewhat excited.

with one foot in front of the other, you continued walking with the three around you. soon enough the path changed from its usual snow white to one made out of dirt and several loose rocks.

you could feel the temperature rising already by just walking out of dragonspine, the scenery became brighter as well since dragonspine was overshadowed by many clouds.

with the warm sun rays hitting your (s/c) skin, you sighed in relieve, you never liked dragonspine that much anyways. as you continued making your way you saw a beautiful scenery laid out in front of you.

looking around, you couldnt help but curl the tips of your mouth upwards, resulting in a small smile

looking around, you couldnt help but curl the tips of your mouth upwards, resulting in a small smile. your pace quickened resulting in you walking slightly in front of the group.

your sigh earlier caught the attention of a certain red haired man, unbeknownst to you.

dilucs pov, you go off from the group to look around in the area and discover some jueyun chilis while doing so.

he wanted to ask you about your sigh, but didnt. his thoughts blurred his mind. instead, he let his eyes travel to your face, inspecting your features and your smile as he continued walking besides you without a word.

diluc recalled the past moments that you two had and couldnt help but feel strange and conflicted. he didnt know what to do.

now looking at your back, he continued his thinking. he wouldnt admit it out loud but he enjoyed your company, he would even go as far as calling you a friend if it wasnt for the current situation you two were in.

which was quite a dangerous situation, the main reason he even had to supervise you was because you could have ill intent against mondstadt. and he surely did not want anything to happen to his hometown.

so far you have only done two suspicious things in his eyes, one being the very first meeting of you two where he managed to see through your lies and the second was the incident with the cicin mages from dragonspine.

he wanted to believe that it wasnt true, that it was just a hallucination he had since he did enjoy your company and wouldnt want you to be an enemy of his. but he didnt know what to believe, yet.

not knowing if you were a friend or an enemy in disguise, he let out a heavy sigh while tilting his head to look in front of him.

thats where his eyes met with curious blue ones, staring at him with a small grin on her face. paimon faced diluc with a cheeky expression as she opened her mouth, "master diluc you were staring? were you? you were right?" she questioned him, her smile never faltering.

paimon referred to the fact that he was staring at you while floating backwards in front of him while facing him. "i was not." he sternly replied while keeping his calm demeanor.

he kept his voice quiet as he answered, but paimon didnt buy it at all, she wanted to continue to confront him about it untill aether spoke up.

"you were." aether retorted while keeping his eyes up on front, not bothering to make eye contact with diluc and kept walking.

paimons eyes widened as she tried to stiffle her laughter, with no avail. diluc didnt know how to respond as he didnt expect aether to join in the conversation like that.

you heard paimons laughter and slowly turned around, noticing that youve strayed a bit from the group and slowed your pace down while waiting for them to catch up.

after they were close enough you spoke up, "did i miss something?" you asked with genuineness in your tone.

"no."

"yes."

those were the two answers you got, the first one being from diluc and the other from aether. you sweat dropped at your answers and decided to leave the topic alone after being in confusion.

shaking your head, you spoke up once more, "well, whatever that was..." you spoke up softly with emphasis on 'that'. "anyways, ive found jueyun chilis here." you said and showed the group your new discovery.

while continuing to keep your pace with the group, you opened your hand and showed the three jueyun chilis placed in your palm, "i didnt know they grew here." aether said to you as he looked at the chilis.

"me neither, thats why ive gathered a few already." you said while shifting your gaze at him and giving him a small smile. "theres about fifteen in my bag now." you informed them.

diluc spoke up too, joining the conversation, "good, its better to be well prepared." he said simply with little to no emotion in his voice as usual.

"oh, really." aether replied to him. the four of you then approached a bridge which was surrounded with silk flowers, the entrance to wangshu inn.

"that took so long! paimon is tired..." the floating girl said while she slumped in mid air. you turned to face her and let out a laugh at her behavior.

knowing exactly how to cheer her up, you spoke up, "so you dont want to try out all the new dishes?" you said to her while smiling a bit, knowing her exact answer already.

--
no one:
aether in this chapter:

--no one:aether in this chapter: