24

"and why is that?" you heard aether question immediately, you wanted to oppose as well but aether beat you to it.

you knew damn well the red haired man would snoop around in your belongings, you couldnt have that happen since your electro amulet and device from snezhnaya were still hidden in your bag.

"are we forgetting that im supervising her?" he said while you all were still standing in the corridor of the rooms. paimon furrowed her brows and started angrily floating in the air.

she came closer to diluc and let herself be heard, "enough!" she started off with, her angry expression never leaving her face, "ive been around n/n quite some time now and she. is. not. dangerous!" paimon said as she raised her voice when she neared that sentence.

you felt somewhat bad for paimon, she thought of you as a friend but you were actually dangerous, and would leave her as soon as your identity was verified in liyue. that is just how your missions always worked, you werent allowed to stick around.

you agreed with paimon, you really did not want diluc to go through your stuff, "yea! havent i proved it yet?" you asked diluc as you turned to him to face the man.

diluc didnt make any eye contact with you, he seemed rather conflicted and you wondered why. "its just for safety." he breathed out in a calm manner.

paimon seemed offended by his answer and snatched one key of the rooms from aethers hand in one swift motion. aether saw it coming but didnt do anything to stop it, he just let her take the key.

she grabbed the fabric of your sleeve from your long coat and dragged you to one of the doors. after opening it she pushed you through it and stayed floating in the doorframe to face diluc once more.

"if anyone needs to stay safe then its away from you!" she insulted diluc while her high pitched voice was raised more and more.

aether sweatdropped at paimons small outburst and knew he couldnt do much about it, he let out a heavy sigh and spoke up, "lets just get to our room." he said as he fiddled with the key in his hand.

diluc was visibly irritated and it showed by the heavy sigh he displayed, he went along with it nonetheless. aether turned the key in the lock and opened the door, before entering he turned around to look at diluc and spoke up.

"dont worry too much." he started off as he made eye contact with the taller man. "im sure she wont do anything bad." he continued to say.

diluc started thinking, wondering if he was being over cautious about the whole situation. he still wondered if the cicin mage accident actually happened, but then again, a part of him wanted to believe in you and call the incident a simple hallucination.

he didnt know why he wanted to believe in you, 'am i just taking the easy way out of it?' he asked himself in his mind as he entered the hotel room along with aether.

aether noticed the confused expression on dilucs face and reassured him more, "hey now." he said as he placed his own belongings next to the two person bed.

"she didnt even do anyhing weird the past days." aether said as he crouched down with his back facing diluc, putting his stuff in place.

he got his sword from his back and set it down to lean against the nightstand next to the bed, "youre just worrying too much about what jean said." aether said as he set all his weight back on his feet to stand up.

the blonde boy turned around and put both his hands on his hips. it was silent for a long time, diluc seemed to be deep in thought as he held his chin.

after a while the red haired male finally spoke up, "... maybe i am." he said, almost in a whisper but audible enough for aether to hear.

he didnt expect to see diluc agreeing with him that easily, there was still some doubt in his words but at least he was willing to trust you now. aether gave diluc a smile and quick nod as he heard his answer.

meanwhile in your new room with paimon, she was still having her small outburst. "can you believe he still doesnt trust you?!" paimon exclaimed as she raised her voice some more.

you stifled a small laugh as you sat down on the bed with your back leaning against the wall behind it. the room was quite big, which you didnt expect in all honesty.

even if there was no kitchen nor actual living room, there was still a small space with a couch in front of the bed. you assumed the bathroom was located next to the bedroom since there was no other door in the room.

paimon was still angrily floating in the air, "who knows what he wanted to do with you!" she continued to ramble on about diluc.

"i didnt know you were so scary, paimon." you said while smiling a little at her and obviously joking, your head leaning against the hard pavement behind you.

you shifted to the edge of your bed and placed both feet on the ground, setting all your weight on your feet, you got off the bed and started walking to the angry paimon.

softly placing a hand on her head, you ruffled her white hair, "it would be okay, theres nothing to worry about." you said and looked at her, making sure she would calm down a little.

"besides, im not that weak, remember?" you continued and now gave her a gentle smile. paimons mood shifted unusually fast and she got back to her cheery self again.

now bounching in the air, she spoke up, "oh! thats right yeah!" you were glad she was this easy to convince, otherwise your journey would be more tiresome.

"now then, we should head out for dinner." you said as you looked to the side while your hand remained on paimons head.

you looked at the clock on the wall which read 6.38PM, a perfect time for dinner. you snapped your head back to paimon and continued to talk, "im sure the others are hungry as well."

retracting your hand from paimon and letting it fall to your side, paimon started to agree with you in her own way, "even if theyre not hungry, i still am." she said as she gave you a small closed eyed smile.

"thats why we should go anyways!" she continued to say as she floated to the door, you followed behind her and she opened the door for you.

now both standing in the corridor from earlier again, you heard the door besides you open. the sound of the handle going down made a slight creeking sound and you looked at the door next to your room.

right as paimon shut the door behind you, you saw the door from aether and dilucs room open. diluc was the first to appear with aether following behind him, the latter spoke us soon as he saw you and paimon in the corridor.

"we were just about to ask you two to have dinner." aether said with his signature smile, diluc took the conversation over and spoke up as well, "it seems like that wasnt necessary, lets get going."

diluc passed you and paimon and started walking on his own, you expected him to go off on his own like the loner he is, but this time he stopped in the middle off the hallway.

he looked behind, over his shoulder and waited for you all to catch up to him, "well, are you coming?" he asked you three.

even though it sounded cold as usual, you could see that his doubts were gone. it was as if he wasnt that distant anymore. you were the first to answer him, "lets go." you spoke up as you walked towards him.