40

the unknown male had a big smile on his face, his black bangs slightly hid one of his eyes as the rest of his hair was tied up in a high ponytail.

his mouth opened up, "you dont look like youre from around here, do you? he said in a cheery voice, his smile never leaving his features.

you wanted to speak up but diluc from your other side interrupted you before you even had a chance to say anything, "go bother someone else." he said harshly and you could hear in his voice that he lacked kindness.

his hand then made its way to where the other males hand laid on your shoulder, he pushed him away and put his arm around your shoulder while walking somewhere else with you.

as you two walked away from the stand, you spoke up while looking at him, "you know i could have done that myself right." you stated giving him a smile, you were grateful he did that even if you could do it yourself.

diluc continued to look forward as his arm was still around your shoulder, "its just like when we cooked at dragonspine." he said and refused to look you into the eye.

as you looked at him you saw the corners of his mouth curl upwards in the slightest bit, barely noticeable. he continued speaking up, "when i cut my hand on accident and you aided it." he said in a way of refreshing your memory.

(flashback to chapter 10)

while smiling slightly, you spoke up, "thats the most youve said to me so far." you said as the corners of your mouth were still curled up.

diluc seemed surprised by the comment and looked up, still continuing to cut the mushrooms. he spoke up, "i don-" he wanted to disagree but was interrupted by a sharp pain in the palm of his hand.

his sudden interruption made him snap his head to his hand. diluc raised his hand to inspect it and saw there was a fresh cut on it, going from his index finger to the middle of his palm.

you saw that he looked at his hand and followed his gaze, your eyes slightly widened as you saw blood dripping from his hand.

he wasnt being careful when he was cooking, diluc made the mistake of diverting his eyes to something else when he should just focus on the cutting.

you sighed and got your hand into your bag, looking for bandages while softly whispering, "you idiot." you said, making sure it was still audible for diluc.

you were surprised he still remembered that, you two werent close at all back then. never would you expect to have such a good bond with him now.

your mouth had parted a little in surprise and you continued to gaze at diluc.

he tilted his head to look at you as you both kept on walking, now on a wooden bridge that was beautifully decorated with falling leaves and the warm rays of the morning sun.

"you have done many things for me already." he said and his pace slowed down. you matched his walking speed and eventually stopped on the middle of the bridge near the railing.

not knowing what to say at the moment, you let him continue. "you wouldnt mind if i returned the favor, right?" he said as he looked at you.

the scenery was perfect, the sun shined on the side of his face, making his red eyes even more clear in the light. a soft morning breeze swept through your hair as well through dilucs.

you opened your mouth, "of course i wouldnt mind." you said as a small smile made its way to your face.

diluc got one of his hands behind him and searched for something, he revealed his hand and you saw he held a beautiful glaze lilly between his thumb and index finger.

you looked at the flower and back at diluc with widened eyes, you wanted to speak up but he beat you to it.

"i hope..." he started with in a soft tone, extending his hand to reach to the side of your head with the flower in hand.

you waited patiently for what he was about to say, your eyes never leaving his face as he spoke, "... we can be of help to each other in the future too." he said as he tucked the glaze lilly behind your ear.

his gloved hand made contact with the shell of your ear as he placed the flower neatly in your hair. you studied his features as he said those words and saw a faint blush spreading on his cheeks.

you placed the pieces together and thought to yourself, 'was that a confession?' you asked yourself. somehow you hoped that it was, the thought of it and his words made your face heat up.

unconsciously, you gave him wholeheartedly a smile and spoke up, "i hope we can be too." you said and felt your face heat up even more, specifically your cheeks.

he grew a smile on his face too as you said that, it was beautiful and you wished you could see that smile more often. you cherished the sight in front of you.

you opened your mouth once more, "im sure aether wouldnt mind if we stayed out a little longer." you said while giving diluc a closed eyed smile.