44

you were still annoyed, it was only fair you were. it was as if the whole fatui organization was hiding something from you.

walking outside of liyue city now, you decided it would be best to take a short walk to calm down before going back to the residence.

you walked past several shops and stands. before you knew it you were walking for the past thirty minutes already, discovering small alleyways and walkkng in circles. you felt much better now.

remembering the times the fatui had helped you and saved your life, you felt guilty about thinking bad of them.

still, you wanted to curse whoever came up with the plan of leaving you out of this mission, seeing how important it was.

but you could do that later, you decided to go with the current plan, stealing the gnosis from rex lapis his corpse.

you wondered how childe would do that, thinking hard resulted in you getting lost in thought, aimlessly walking through the streets of liyue without paying much attention.

your gaze was casted downwards as you continued to think, your pace steady and slow without much rush.

just as you were about to turn a corner, you werent very alert on your surroundings which resulted in you bumping into someone.

it wasnt a harsh bump, both of your shoulders had clashed against the other. you stood straight and raised your guard again as you looked over at the girl who you walked into.

the brown haired girl on the other hand stumbled back and almost lost her balance, you extended your arm quickly and grabbed her forearm which was hidden beneath a black sleeve.

pulling her back to her standing position, you spoke up quickly, "sorry." you said simply as you let go of her arm, you wanted to leave the situation again.

but she had other plans for you. right as you started walking again she appeared in front of you in an instant. both her ams outstretched to you and she was about to grab your shoulders.

her hands laid flatly on the top of both your shoulders, as if she was keeping you in place.

not having a clue of what was going on, you tried to speak up but her scarlet eyes looked deeply into yours and darted all over your features. she started scanning every part of your face, your cheeks, mouth, nose and even ears.

her flower like pupils stopped again as she looked you in the eye, she got her hands from your shoulders and clapped them together.

the first thing you noticed besides her odd flower shaped pupils was her dark brown hair was tied up into high pig tails, hidden and held down by her hat. she wore a dark brown porkpie hat, decorated with red plum blossoms and branches.

the brown haired girl spoke up, "you look like youre in your prime time!" she said as she gave you an adorable smile while her eyes lit up, holding her clasped hands besides her head.

"would you like to die?" she asked you casually without much trouble, her smile never faltering, it was almost second nature to her. as if she was simply asking you how your day was.

you looked at her with a confused expression, your head slightly tilted to the side. 'she doesnt look like a threat.' you thought to yourself.

'but she did just send me a death... threat?' you continued thinking, wondering if she was being genuine or starting a fight with you.

after you didnt say anything, she tried to convince you, "we have coupons!" she said as she put her hands in her hips, proud of her business.

your confusion got worser after she said that, you asked the obvious, "who are you?" while taking a small step back, giving yourself more personal space from the excited girl.

"the 77th director of the wangsheng funeral parlor, hu tao!" she said as she gave you a wink. you sweatdropped, it made sense she just wanted you to die, she was just doing business.

you folded your arms in front of your chest, recalling her name. "hu tao...?" you said to yourself, you never met someone with a name like that, it was probably since this was your second visit in liyue.

"thats right." she said as she still had her hands on her hips while nodding her head. her dark brown pigtails flowing behind her in the soft breeze as she spoke.

"hu as is who put me in this coffin?" she said while smiling. "and tao as in i cant get out!" she finished and looked at you with an accomplished look.

you unintentionally let out a chuckle at her broken introduction, trying to stifle your laughter by holding your hand in front of your mouth.

her eyes lit up, "you laughed! thats a first!" she said as she let her arms fall to her sides. you removed your own hand from your hand while a small smile remained.

"im y/n." you said and introduced yourself back. as soon as you told her your name, she spoke again, "do you have free time?" she asked you, being considerate of the fact you two just met.

you wondered what she was up to but answered honest nonetheless, "i do, but-" you wanted to say you were just exploring liyue but were interrupted by hu tao.

the kind girl extened her own arm to yours and linked it together as she dragged you to wherever she was going, "lets go!"

your eyes widened as you got dragged with her, "what? why?" you asked her. never would you expect a random peson to suddenly invade your personal space multiple times and then continue to take you somewhere.

"life is short, we have no time to waste!" she exclaimed as she looked back at you from over her shoulder.