43

the first thought on your mind was of course the northland bank, you would visit there and ask about childes whereabouts.

with one foot in front of the other, you walked through liyue city, occasionally checking your surroundings in hopes of not bumping into aether or paimon.

you passed a small crafting table and a stand that sold some cor lapis, soon you made your way to a bridge and continued walking.

the last time you were at the northland bank was just to exchange some mora, which was a fairly long time ago. you did remember that it was somewhere high up so you tilted your head to look upwards.

while crossing the bridge, you immediately noticed one fatui member guarding a familiar door. 'that must be it.' you thought to yourself and scanned the stairs that came from there, looking how you would get up there.

walking to the red staircase left of you, you started ascending the stairs untill you were all the way up. not even fully making your way up you were already welcomed by the lone fatui guard standing in front of the northland bank.

he stood straight in an instant and got both his hands behind his back while bowing for you, "y/n-sama, welcome back." he greeted you while keeping his head down.

as you finally fully ascended the stairs, you stood in front of the northland bank. the guard got back go his previous standing position after bowing. you gave him an acknowledged nod as you walked to the doors.

the guard extended his hand to grab the door handle and opened the door for you, letting you pass without trouble.

as expected, it was still the exact same like when you were there last time. the only thing different was the woman behind the reception in front of you.

you walked in, your shoes touching the freshly cleaned tiles below you while walking in a straight line towards the counter

there were about four other fatui members in the northland bank as well, as soon as their eyes landed on you they stopped what they were doing and repeated what the guard outside did earlier.

it was always like that, being greeted in a formal way since you were higher in rank. of course it was not like that in mondstadt since the fatui there knew about your undercover mission.

but since that mission had been abandoned, you had to unexpectedly go to liyue to settle things without anyone but the other harbingers knowing.

you walked past the four people and stood in front of the receipt, the woman greeted you with a polite smile as she spoke up, "my lord, how may i assist you today?" she said while making direct eye contact with you.

wasting no time, you got straight to the point, "do you know where harbinger childe is now?" you asked her while narrowing your eyes, hoping she knew.