19

"aether! youre awake?!" paimon yelled out even though she just woke up, you wondered where she got all that energy from.

aether smiled sheepishly at her while rubbing the back of his neck, giving her a closed eyed smile. you explained to paimon, "he just did actually." you said as you started rummaging through your backpack.

trying to find some decent breakfast, you whipped out some sunsettias and a few bottles of water. aether and paimon were talking while you prepared breakfast for them.

paimon showed more of her usual excitement now and was not worried anymore, "paimon is so glad!" she started saying to aether, "paimon saw you getting hit and thought you would be gone for..." she continued and looked down at the floor at her depressing thoughts.

"thats.. reassuring, paimon." diluc spoke up in sarcasm from besides paimon, suddenly joining in on the conversation. he thought she would at least have some hope in aether still being alive.

you lifted your arm out of your bag and gave everyone enough food to get some energy for the morning, they accepted the improvised breakfast and started eating.

while eating, you all discussed the future plans of the journey, you guys were already traveling for around half a week and werent even halfway through the journey.

"were close to the domain." aether started off while taking a bite out of the fresh fruit. he sat up properly and crossed his legs as he continued, "that lawachurl and the cicin mages were actually the last enemies in our way."

suddenly he perked up, his face showing alot of confusion, he was clearly thinking about something and you noticed it. "aether, whats wrong?" you asked as you tilted your head slightly to the side.

with no hesitation, he spoke up about his thoughts, "that reminds me." he started off. "how did you guys defeat them?" he said while looking over at you and then to diluc.

you were both quiet, diluc didnt know if he should tell aether about what he heard since he was not entirely sure if it happened or not. he didnt want to raise unnecessary suspicious since it could intervene with the teamwork.

diluc glanced your way and you felt his eyes on you but refused to make eye contact, the tension got heavy and paimon noticed it, unbeknownst to aether, who was still thinking hard about the situation.

"there were alot of enemies, and y/n doesnt even have a vision..." he started discussing. he got the sunsettia in one hand and held his chin with his other hand in a questioning way.

he continued while looking down at the ground, deep in thought, "that would mean diluc had to break all shields of them, since physical damage doesnt do much to shields." he trailed off, his voice getting slightly softer and quieter as he neared that sentence.

diluc would also like to know how you got rid of the huge lawachurl since you 'didnt have a vision'. you gulped as aether became quiet, indicating that he was waiting for an answer.

aether was looking at diluc and you opened your mouth before he had the chance to do so, "the lawachurl fell." you said sternly, your eyes not showing any signs of lies since that was what you had to do.

"... it fell?" paimon asked as she floated besides you, her hands behind her back and her head clocked to the side. you nodded at her which much believe in yourself.

you continued, "exactly, it fell off the cliff and died." you retorted while keeping eye contact with paimon, your eyes shifting to aether after.

aethers features showed no sign of discomfort, showing that he clearly bought your poorly made excuse. to make them believe it all even more, you spoke up again, "i dont know what happened to the mages though."

you added the mages as you shifted in your seat, "they probably got scared from the lawachurl dying and ran away." you concluded and now looked at diluc.

as soon as your eyes met his, you felt an immense intimidating feeling wash over you, his red eyes bore into yours. with his eyebrows slightly furrowed, it was almost as if he saw right through you.

you felt yourself shaken up under his glare but wouldnt show it. you remained calm but cursed yourself for almost shaking.

after being in the fatui for a while, you had learned how to properly lie and make up excuses and such for your missions, which was obviously crucial.

but diluc almost made you break your facade, and all that with one simple stare. it made you wonder of what other things he was capable off.

"you guys were so lucky!" paimon exclaimed, immediately breaking the tense atmosphere around you all. you gave her a small smile and agreed with her by nodding your head.

aether was relaxed too, "im glad you guys didnt get hurt." he stated while putting his hand gently on his own chest.

you all continued eating and you were happy that both paimon and aether didnt have the slightest suspicion in you. 'i would like to join them on their adventures, if i could.' you thought to yourself as you took a sip from your water bottle.

after breakfast and talking among each other, you all simultaneously stood up and gathered your belongings to move again. the domain that aether would unlock was not far away anymore.

you insisted that aether kept your coat whereas you kept dilucs on, you two were the only two who went into dragonspine with a summer like outfit.

diluc and paimon both had thick clothing and therefore werent bothered much by the cold. you grabbed your bag and placed it on your back, adjusting the straps so it would fit you more comfortable.

aether held his hand horizontally against his forehead, right above his eyes as he tried to shield the sunlight to come into his eyes. "its right over there!" he said as he looked far ahead.

you stood besides him and saw a bright red light emitting from under the snow, that was where the domain was hidden.

"lets go." diluc said as he approached you two and stood besides you, paimon floating behind him to catch up with him.

--
hello everyone i would like to apologize for the lack of updates this last week, i was supposed to update every two days. ive been quite busy with my school exams, my last exam will be on the 22th of june.

i want to stay very focused regarding school and am sorry to announce that there wont be any updates untill ive finished all my exams, which will be for five more days.

dont worry though, this gives me more time to think about the storyline and i can make the story even better to satisfy you all! i hope you all have a nice day and see you on june 22th. <3