26

with his furrowed eyebrows and hand covering the lower part of his face, he spoke up, "right, thank you." he said in his usual calm voice, his words slightly muffled as they came through his gloved hands, much to contradiction with his red tinted face.

"what just happened?" you heard aether say in front of you. you faced him and saw his eyebrows raised and a smug smile on his face. paimon just looked clueless overall.

you realized that what you did was most likely taken the wrong way by all of them and your cheeks started heating up in the slightest bit. you looked to the side to avoid aethers eyes as you spoke up, "nothing." you stated awkwardly.

trying to find a decent thing to talk about, you wanted to change the topic badly. luckily to you diluc was trying to change the topic as well and spoke up before you, saving you from the embarrassment, "what do you expect at the rite of descension?" he said.

looking at him you saw that he already was back to normal, his face wasnt red any more and his eyes had its usual calm gaze.

you admired how he could hide his emotions that easily and copied his movements, shifting your gaze to aether and pretending like that all just never happened.

aether sat upright as he heard the question and brought one of his hands up to his chin in a way of thinking. with furrowed brows he answered, "well i just wish to meet the lord of geo." he said as he lifted his head up properly to look at diluc.

"just meet him?" you heard diluc say with emphasis on aethers 'just'. aether himself knew that meeting the seven archons wouldnt be that easy but he was dedicated to meet them which was visible in the way he nodded his head.

paimon butted in the conversation like she always does, "we want to meet everyone of the seven!" she said with joy in her voice, she surely seemed even livelier after having a full meal.

that peaked your interests greatly and resulted in you speaking up, "why?" you asked both paimon and aether, your full interest was on them.

diluc already knew the reason, he already knew that aether met the anemo archon as well, since he was there when mondstadt was saved from dvalin. even if he knew the answer, he still kept his attention on aether to hear what he would say to you.

it was quiet for a short while, "my sister." he then said as he looked down at his plate, disappointment was evident in his voice and the way he slightly slouched in his seat.

"i have to find her." he said and took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air around him in a way of giving himself strength. "and for that, i need the help of the seven." he then explained to you.

aether was now looking at you, in much contrast to his attitude a few second ago he was now looking determined and even had a small smile on his face.

you nodded slowly, it didnt seem like he was lying to you, "i see." you said as you folded your arms in front of your chest.

"how will you meet the lord of geo, though?" you said, that question was on your mind ever since the conversation about the archons started.

aether was quick to respond, "the lord of geo will be summoned during the rite of descension." the boy retorted as he stretched both his arms out above his head, indicating that he was fully done with eating.

the red haired male besides you commented on aethers explanation, "thats oddly convenient." he said as he stretched his arm out to grab his cup of water.

after that conversation, you all continued talking about how aether would exactly seek contact with the lord of geo, the blonde boy replied simple by saying he didnt have a plan and just 'let the wind lead him'.

after that, you all decided it was time to ascend back to the rooms to have a well deserved good nights rest, it was just 9.19PM but a long sleep was what you all longed for after dragonspine.

as you were in your room with paimon, you had already changed into your nightwear which existed of sweatpants and a loose white shirt.

"paimon are you ready to slee-" you said as you turned around to face paimon who was sitting on the bed. your sentence was cut off as you saw the sight in front of you.

the little girl was already sleeping peacefully in the middle of the double bed, taking up all the space with her body. the corners of your mouth slightly tilted upwards into a small smile.

she deserved the rest, after putting your hair in a ponytail you approached her softly, not wanting to wake her up.

it took everyting in you to lift her up and set her down on one side of the double bed without waking her up, luckily you succeeded.

now sitting on the edge of the bed, you opened the covers and laid down on the bed yourself. it truly was a nice feeling after sleeping against walls in dragonspine for who knows how long.

you knew now why paimon immediately fell asleep, the soft mattress beneath you could pull you into your world of dreams in an instant, the soft covers that smelled new were lightly placed on your body too.

it wasnt too hot or too cold, and with that, you drifted of to sleep without a single care in the world.