13

aether really needed your coat, you saw it at the way he relaxed after the soft fabric hit his shoulders. diluc besides you spoke up, "are you not cold?" he asked from behind you while still catching his breath.

without looking at him, you answered, "unlike aether here, i have long sleeves." you said while helping aether take on your coat.

with your hands adjusting the collar of the coat, you continued, "dont worry, i wont be cold for long." you said and turned your head at diluc, giving him a small reassuring smile.

diluc seemed to buy your excuse and left it alone. aether opened his mouth as you were finished putting your coat on him, "thank you, y/n." he started off and you saw how he was already shivering less.

"let me know when you want it back, we can take turns." he said while putting his hands in the pockets. you nodded at him and answered simply "will do." while giving him a smile.

you all started walking again, aether was still leading you guys. suddenly you remembered something and asked him, "aether, where are we going now?" you said as you recalled aether having certain business in dragonspine.

he turned his head at you and gave you an answer, "first we go to the statue of the seven." he explained first while looking straightforward again.

aether took turn to the right and started to walk on a low level mountain, walking was now slightly more difficult as you were walking up the hill.

he continued, "then we enter a cave and through that we can walk to the middle of dragonspine." he said while looking to the side, looking at a small hilichurl camp.

you remained quiet and let him tell you more, and he did, "when we leave the cave, we will be in the middle and i can unlock a domain." he retorted and turned his head at you, indicating that he was done talking.

diluc from behind you two spoke up, "so we are going to unlock a domain, right?" he asked so there was no misunderstanding. aether nodded at the comment and let out a soft, "thats right."

after ascending many icy stairs, you all made it to the statue of the seven of dragonspine, paimon spoke up, "dont you think its time to eat now?" she asked aether.

the latter nodded and you heard them talk as well, you suddenly felt the urge to eat too. so you got your backpack off and placed it on the hard pavement beneath you.

aether already sat down, leaning against the statue for support. diluc and paimon sat down as well, leaving you the only one to remain standing.

after you got four mushroom pizzas out of your back, you sat down as well, in front of aether with paimon and diluc on each side of you. you handed the pizzas out and immediately saw paimon drooling.

everyone ate their respective meals for the day and were ready to continue the journey, luckily the statue was warm enough to temporarily get rid of the sheer cold.

if you had to be totally honest, you were slightly getting colder without your coat, but you couldnt compare to aether who went into dragonspine in a summer like outfit.

you four all simultaneously stood up and made your way to the large cave that was in front of the statue of the seven. the cave didnt seem to go any further and you soon neared a dead end.

that was until aether put both his hands on his hips, he seemed to concentrate alot while observing the area around him. you shot him a questioning look and spoke up, "aether, now what?" you sweatdropped as you realized that there was nothing more to this cave.

apperantly the cave would lead you all to the middle of dragonspine and eventually to the hidden domain, but if there was no way, then you couldnt even go to the middle of dragonspine.

"im using my elemental sight." he explained in his usual voice. his eyebrows were forrowed as he looked around the cave once more. he stopped his movement as soon as he laid his eyes on a few peculiar stones.

you saw a smile growing evident on his features as he approached the few stones. to be sure, he balled his fist up and hit against it, in a knocking motion.

the sound from behind the stones indicated that it was hollow, which meant that there was more room behind the barricade of stones.

aether called diluc as soonas his fist left the stones, "diluc, can you hit these stones with your claymore a few times?" he asked the red haired man politely while looking up at him.

diluc was smarter than to underestimate aether and did what he was told, he summoned his claymore and swayed the weapon over his shoulder, ready to hit the stones.

he repeated the movement three times and suddenly the barricade crumbled, only leaving dust and smaller stones. you shielded your face with your forearm in reflex, hoping there wouldnt come any dust in your eyes.

and it worked. after all the dust sufficed, you all saw a much bigger cave, there was even a tent, surrounded by books and a small cooking place. the cave was much larger now and would surely lead all the way to the middle of dragonspine.

diluc noticed the place and instantly made his way over to the small cooking place, he infused his claymore with pyro and set the fireplace ablaze in a single motion.

he then walked back to where you were still standing with aether and paimon. diluc came to stand behind you and raised his hand, putting it on your back and leading you to the campfire.

you looked at him confused but let him anyways. he noticed your staring and he spoke up, "come on, youre the only one without a coat." he said as he pushed you softly towards the campfire.

all you could say was a soft spoken, "oh." as you were surprised by the action, 'he surely wasnt worried i hope.' you thought to yourself. right as you stood in front of the cooking place, you felt the comforting warmth radiating off it.

you immediately crouched down and faced the palms of your gloved hands towards the fire, heating up. it was a nice feeling after all the cold.

feeling much better already, you stood straight again and turned your body to face diluc who was besides you, "thank you." you said as you gave him a small smile.

he returned the smile, "its no problem." diluc breathed out politely.