34

he was dangerously close to you but you wouldnt give in. as if he couldnt be any closer, he inched his face closer to yours, "we both know youre not innocent." he said in a low voice as he looked at you.

his voice was void from any emotion, but you could make out that he was not angry or annoyed, in fact, his features showed a hint of concern and worry.

he kept going, trying to force your secrets out of you, "there is so much evidence, y/n." he said as he furrowed his brows while looking into your (e/c) eyes.

"and im not stupid." he finished saying. it was quiet after he said that. you could even hear the muffled voices from the people of liyue outside of the new residence.

you looked right back at him and inhaled deeply, there was no way of hiding it any further.

letting out your deep breath in a sigh, you looked defeated. diluc noticed your state and put a little distance between your faces by moving slightly back.

his hand remained besides your head and you could still feel his breath every time he breathed out. you casted your eyes downwards to his chest, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"then why are you not reporting me at mondstadt?" you asked him almost in a whisper, luckily it was still audible for him. you started growing frustrated at him since you couldnt understand his motives at all.

you thought to yourself, 'if he already knew i was bad then why not turn me in at mondstadt already?' it just didnt make sense to you.

"you say there is so much evidence, yet you do nothing about it." you continued speaking without making eye contact.

you knew diluc was definitely the type of person to follow his logic and expected him to declare you as a threat to mondstadt as soon as one suspicious thing happened, but he did not.

that is why you finally asked him, diluc heard your question and continued to look at your features, with his eye now half lidded he looked almost worried.

opening your mouth once again, you spoke up, "why are you trying to force it out of me if you wont do anything about it?" you said as you started to get annoyed at his methods.

your breathing quickened and your eyebrows were furrowed, you shot your head upwards to look him in the eye and glared at him as you continued to talk. "you might as well just go-" you wanted to speak up but were cut off.

it all happened in a split second. dilucs arm that was next to your head was suddenly on the back of your head, pushing you into his embrace. his other gloved hand made its way to your waist, holding you in a gentle way.

with your head against his chest, you didnt know what was going on. his body against yours was warm, comforting you and relaxing you from your previous frustrations.

it felt nice and warm, you could feel his chest rising and falling as your head was against it. your own breathing calmed down from hearing his breathing and you finally gave in. your eyes were closed as you extended your own arms around his torso, returning his hug.

after a short silence, diluc lowered his head and inched closer to your ear. he finally spoke up, "... i believe you are not as bad as the people you work for." he said in a low voice.

you could feel his hot breath against your ear, your head remained in his chest. diluc continued speaking, "i wanted you to say it yourself." he then said, reffering to you actually being a threat to mondstadt.

he knew now, diluc understood that you had bad intentions against mondstadt but believed that it was not your own doing but from the people you work for.

seeing you had calmed down, he silently smiled to himself, unbeknownst to you since you couldnt see it. diluc felt accomplished, although he had no idea what to do now.

his fingers made their way in your hair and ran through it, stroking it in a caring manner. your eyes opened slightly and you spoke up, "now, what will you do?" you asked him.

he took his time to answer, diluc took a deep breath and thought for a while, he was conflicted too. it was his duty to report all dangers against mondstadt but some part of him didnt want too.

diluc made up his mind, "lets see how it goes." he gave you his final answer. you could feel your cheeks heat up in the slightest bit and the corners of your mouth curled upwards into a smile after hearing his answer.

you buried your head more into his chest, the two of you smiling, not knowing the other was smiling as well.