10

diluc tilted his head up to look at you, he saw you furrowed your brows slightly and sighed, "i dont think they will kick us out." he said as he looked down again, getting the gloves off his hands to cut the mushrooms.

you snapped your head at him and asked him the obvious, but he interrupted you, "besides." he started off without looking at you.

he grabbed a mushroom in one hand and a knife in the other, diluc continued, "if they kick us out, we could still perfectly sleep somewhere else." he said while cutting the mushrooms into smaller pieces.

you lowered yourself to sit on the ground, helping him cut the ingredients. you remained silent as diluc wasnt finsihed yet.

"one of us just has to stay awake to patrol the area." he reassured you. you looked at him and opened your mouth, slightly surprised that he was suddenly talkative.

while smiling slightly, you spoke up, "thats the most youve said to me so far." you said as the corners of your mouth were still curled up.

diluc seemed surprised by the comment and looked up, still continuing to cut the mushrooms. he spoke up, "i don-" he wanted to disagree but was interrupted by a sharp pain in the palm of his hand.

his sudden interruption made him snap his head to his hand. diluc raised his hand to inspect it and saw there was a fresh cut on it, going from his index finger to the middle of his palm.

you saw that he looked at his hand and followed his gaze, your eyes slightly widened as you saw blood dripping from his hand.

he wasnt being careful when he was cooking, diluc made the mistake of diverting his eyes to something else when he should just focus on the cutting.

you sighed and got your hand into your bag, looking for bandages while softly whispering, "you idiot." you said, making sure it was still audible for diluc.

right as you felt the bandages and a bottle of clean water, you raised your hand out of your bag. you stood up and walked towards diluc.

the red haired man remained silent, you crouched down besides him, shoulders almost touching. with the bandages in one hand and the bottle in the other, you placed the bandages down on the grass.

as you got the cap off the bottle, you reached your free hand and grabbed his injured hand. he knew what you would do and let you.

the palm of his hand was facing up, you placed your hand under his and grabbed it softly. not too much later, you poured the fresh water on the cut, cleansing it.

you made sure to be careful with the amount of water, about half off the bottle would be enough. and so you stopped cleansing the wound as you reached half of it.

satisfied with the results, you noticed there was no dripping blood anymore, just a cut. you retracted your hand that was supporting dilucs hand and got the cap on the bottle again.

after the cleansing was done, you dried the wound and got ready to bandage his hand. right as you were about to treat his injury again, he spoke up.

diluc started off, "you know i can do this myself, right." he asked rhetorical while looking at your face. you shifted your gaze from his hand to his eyes.

"i would like to see you try bandaging an injury with just one hand." you replied to him. you scanned his features and saw he looked away. you both knew it would be quite difficult to treat an injury with one hand.

feeling victorious, you let out a soft laugh and looked back down to continue treating his wound. you made sure to be delicate and not injure it any further.

after wrapping the thin material around his hand, you finsihed treating his hand. you spoke up, "its done." you simply said while standing up.

as you walked back to your previous sitting position, diluc spoke up. "thank you." he said but didnt even bother to look at you, instead, he continued cutting the mushrooms.

you were satisfied with his thank you and helped him prepare the food. you then heard an awfully familiar voice from the distance getting closer to you.

"thats why paimon said it!" she spoke up and you looked to where the voice came from. you saw aether and paimon approaching you two.

aether being the polite boy he is, waved at you and diluc and now stood besides you two. he ignored paimon and sat down on the ground as well.

"well, what did they say?" you asked almost immediately. diluc waited in anticipation while looking at aether, now fortunately not making the mistake of cutting while looking elsewhere.

aether sighed, "we are really lucky." he started off and you instantly knew that you had a place to stay at now. "there is one tent available this week since the owner is currently exploring in dragonspine." he said while grabbing a knife and some ingredients.

you and diluc were both relieved. of course it wouldnt be a problem to sleep in the wild for some time but you both preferred to have a proper place to sleep at.