53

"what are you talking about?" you immediately defended yourself. childe had done it now, you knew he loved to make situations as entertaining as much for his own needs.

"are you stupid?" paimon retorted to childe. she seemed to be on edge as well.

tartaglia didnt listen to the remarks, instead, he continued his ramble. "it was my mission to get the gnosis." he said loudly while laying emphasis on the word 'my'.

"how could a harbinger steal a mission from another harbinger? how heartless." he said and pretended to be heartbroken, putting his hamd over his heart in a dramatic manner.

dilucs eyes shot to you, "what is he talking about." he said as his eyebrows furrowed. unconsciously, he took a step back, away from you. you watched as all eyes were on you again as they waited for you to speak, hoping you would have a decent excuse.

you were panicking, you didnt want to break the bonds you had with them, "i really dont k-" you tried to say but were interrupted by your own comrade.

"oh come on!" childe started off with both hands in the air, "you guys cant be that dense." he exclaimed and finally put his hands back on his hips.

then he did, without hesitation. he opened his mouth slowly. you knew damn well what he would say, you even knew the exact combination of words he would use. it would happen eventually.

and all you could do was listen.

"y/n l/n! the twelfth harbinger of the fatui!" he said easily, without a care in the world.

you could only listen to how be broke your bonds with your new friends.

it was silent after those words, no one dared to speak. you didnt even want to face them as your head hung low.

paimon was the first to respond, "what a loser! making up lies like that!" she said angrily while looking at childe. your head shot into her direction.

'she didnt believe it.' you thought to yourself. someone else spoke up as well, it was aether, "yea, pretty pathetic." he said as he agreed with paimon. "try harder next time." diluc added.

you had another chance. to fix it all.

but you couldnt just escape it that easily. even if you did manage to get away with this, you would live with the regret of it forever.

so you decided to stop running away from your problems and speak up, opening ypur mouth and letting everything go, "its true." you confirmed childes words in a soft tone, barely audible.

"what was that?" childe asked from ten meters away, still standing on his spot. you spoke up louder this time, "its true, im from the fatui." you said while looking at the ground in front of you, refusing to make eye contact with anyone at all.

it took them all a minute to process, it was silent. childe seemed to enjoy every second of it.

the blonde boy was the first to speak up, "youre joking." aether said in a worrisome way, his face laced with disgust and sadness at the same time as he looked at you.

"hey what is going on..." paimon then said suddenly, finally realizing the truth as well after aethers reaction, she didnt know how to respond nor did she want to believe the matter.

you waited for a certain someone to speak up, it was as if you waited for eternity. you knew how much he hated the fatui. you didnt want to lose him.

but he never spoke up. you tilted your head up into his direction, the sight of him immediately broke your heart.

his eyes were shot wide open and his mouth was slighty parted, his claymore was on the ground as he dropped it previously.

"so thats how it is." he spoke up bitterly in a soft tone, barely audible. his eyebrows were raised in a way of shock as he seemed to realize something.

"n/n, this cant be.." paimon muttered softly to herself, hoping to calm herself down as she fully trusted you before.

diluc closed his mouth and then spoke up again after processing what was going on, "you fatui... are truly the worst to exist." he said while looking at you.

"no, diluc let me expl-" you tried to say, in hopes of fixing it all. but it was inevitable. diluc cut you off, "using my feelings to complete your mission? how low can you be." he insulted you as he narrowed his eyes at you.

he had it all wrong, you were about to counter his statement but childe was quicker, "intervene with my missions and ill intervene with yours." he said with a smile plastered onhis features.

in the blink of an eye childe had numerous sigils of permissions floating around him at a high speed. you recognized them immediately as you worked with those as well.

tartaglia muttered something about liyue and an acient god, you were too occupied in your thoughts to listen.

"just give me the gnosis when were done here, i wont say anything to the tsarista." he spoke slyly, then used the sigils of permission to ascend and leave the place.

"if you want to drown with the people of liyue then be my guest!" he said before dissappearing.

everyone was still shaken up, aether had his eyes on you and painfully looked away as he spoke up, "paimon lets go. we need to stop childe." he said hesitant.

paimon was sniffling. you wouldnt dare to see her face right now, "mhm." she softly said as she floated behind a running aether while rubbing her eyes with her sleeves.

while running to the exit, aether abruptly stopped and turned around, his eyebrows furrowed as he gripped his sword in his hand tighter.

"take care of her!" he yelled while he looked behind over his shoulder to diluc. those were his last words before he disappeared too with paimon.