4

you woke up not much later, but in a completely different place. groaning while you sat up, you raised your hand up to hold your forehead as you felt a headache coming up.

then you opened your eyes, you saw you were laying on a couch and heard some distant voices. looking around you saw a table with three chairs on each side, a big window behind it.

there was also a desk with some papers on it, indicating that someone was still working at this hour. on the other side of the room was a big bookshelf filled with books of all colors.

your fatui instinct kicked in and you analyzed the situation, 'i cant leave now, it would only bring more suspicion if i do so.' you started thinking.

after thinking for a long time, you came to the final conclusion, 'i should behave like a normal traveler.' you thought. right at that moment you heard a clicking sound.

turning your head to look where the sound came from, you saw a door which was being opened. as the door was fully opened, you saw the same two people that just kidnapped you.

now sitting up properly, you leaned your back on the armrest of the couch as your body still felt stiff and sore. you spoke up immediately before lisa and kaeya had the chance to do so.

"what was that for?" you said while raising your voice slightly, trying to sound as innocent as possible. you narrowed your eyes at kaeya and lisa and you saw the woman giving you a wary smile.

kaeya wanted to speak up but someone else beat him to it, you heard a new voice, a feminine voice. "y/n, was it?" she immediately questioned if she knew your name.

the woman then walked through the door and came fully in your view, she was as tall as lisa and had her blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail, some strands of hair framing her face nicely in the form of bangs.

she walked over to the desk which you assumed was hers and spoke up, "yes, that is me." you said while following her every movement.

the new woman grabbed a few papers in her hand and inspected it upon closer look by bringing it closer to her face. her other hand made its way to her chin and she looked questioning to the paper in front of her.

you wondered what she was doing and spoke up, "why am i kidnapped at three in the morning." you asked the obvious while still looking at her.

the blonde haired woman then shifted her eyes from the paper to you, her blue eyes piercing through you.

she placed the documents down on a neat stack of other papers and opened her mouth to speak up, "you see, y/n." she started with and you felt like you would get lectured.

"you have been here in mondstadt for not even one day, and we have already three people reporting you." she said and folded her arms in front of her chest, her blue-white cape slightly flowing behind her as she took a few steps towards you.

the woman then continued, "and as the acting grand master, i can not let that slide." she said and never looked away from you, inspecting your reactions.

you were shocked at the news but wouldnt show it, cursing yourself as youre close to messing this mission up. you were supposed to stay away from the knights of favonius, not get closer to them.

'a normal traveler would be confused, not shocked.' you thought to yourself and acted as if you were confused.

"reported for what?" you asked the woman who was standing in front of you now, she looked down on you as you were still sitting.

as if it wasnt enough, another person entered the room. apperantly this matter was rather serious. "oh cut that out." you heard a male voice speak up. he saw right through your lies and you didnt like it.