16

the sky above you cleared up, the purple clouds changed into their typical grey-white shade and stopped twirling around as well. you looked back down and saw the lawachurl already disappeared into smaller pieces.

you turned around and jogged towards diluc, kneeled down and touched his forehead, it was still cold but way better than before.

now relieved, you tried to wake him up by softly calling out his name, not too loud otherwise it would startle him, "diluc, wake up." you started with.

the males eyes remained closed, what else would you expect. you tried again but this time grabbing his shoulder and slightly shaking his upper body, "we need to keep going." you said now a little louder.

you knew it would be a problem if he would sleep here any longer, the cold ice that he was laying on was definitely not good for his health.

diluc groaned under your touch and his breathing pattern became quicker, indicating that he woke up. you kept your hands on his shoulders and waited for him to wake up.

his eye lids fluttered open but were narrowed again once he saw the bright sky above him, even though there were plenty of clouds, his vision was blurry and he could hear your voice faintly calling out for him.

"good, youre up." you said and straightened your back while still sitting next to him, your hands leaving his shoulders.

diluc felt the warmth leave his upper body and opened his eyes more, he remained silent and tried to remember what happened. after remembering he placed his elbow behind himself and propped himself up.

you stood up and dusted any snow from your pants off as diluc was slowly sitting up. you noticed his slow movements and narrowed your eyes at him while speaking up, "are you hurt?"

the question caught dilucs attention and he looked up at you, he shook his head horizontally as he lied about his pains, you already saved him twice on this journey and he didnt want to admit any more.

"no, im fine." he spoke up as he looked in front of himself. you extended your gloved hand towards him in hopes that he would take it.

he did, he stretched his own hand and laid it in yours, you grabbed his hand and helped him stand up from the cold ground below him.

as he stood up, you wanted to let his hand go but he gripped yours tighter instead, you looked back at where diluc was holding your hand and then shifted your eyes back up at him.

his hand radiated a warmth that you werent familiar with, maybe it was because you have never held someones hand for a long time, it felt comforting.

as you looked up at him you saw that his eyes were narrowed at you, he inspected your face while furrowing his brows, he then spoke up, "why did they call you that?" he asked vaguely, reffering to your apperantly new nickname 'y/n-sama'.

his voice was void of any emotion, he studied your features in hope of a reaction. you choose to deny everything that happened with the cicin mages earlier.

"i have no idea what youre talking about." you retorted to him while looking straight into his eyes, showing no sign of confession.

diluc didnt take any of your lies, just like the first time you met him in jeans office. he started gripping your hand tighter and bringing it up and closer to himself, which resulted in you getting dragged towards him.

your body was inches away from getting pressed against his, your head was tilted upwards to look at him while he looked down with furrowed brows at you.

"it was as if they obeyed you." he started talking again, never breaking eye contact. "what connections do you have with the fatui?" he asked and you could hear the venom in his voice as he said the last word.

"i dont have any connections." you replied sternly while looking to the side, seeing how intimidating his stare was, you tried to take a step back from him but he noticed that.

his other hand traveled upwards towards your face, he grabbed your chin and made you look back up at him. his index finger under your chin and his thumb holding it in place. his touch wasnt forced, he did it with care and in a gentle manner.

he opened his mouth, "then why d-" he wanted to speak up but was interrupted by you, "its your blood loss." you spoke up after thinking hard of an excuse.

diluc looked down at you in confusion and narrowed eyes as his hand remained grabbing your chin and his other hand around your own hand.

"youre making things up since you lost lots of blood." you continued to say. you didnt want to lie so much to him but it was really necessary, especially now.

diluc contemplated it and his eyes drifted away from yours, showing that he was thinking through your excuse. after a while he looked back at you and his hold on your hand lessened.

he looked to the side, "ill keep an eye on you." he stated sternly, not having the energy of discussing the whole situation now. he took a step back, releasing your chin as well.

you retracted your arm and let it fall to your side again, "isnt that your purpose for being here anyways." you mumbled softly, just loud enough for him to hear.

he heard your remark and shot his head at you while glaring, "shut up." he said, it almost looked as if he was embarrassed.

you caught him off guard and he didnt like it, his cheeks were a very faint pink, almost unnoticeable. he tilted his head back to look at the cave where paimon and aether were supposed to be.

diluc started walking to the cave in search of aether and paimon, you followed him but first walked back to the place where he was laying, to grab his coat which was laying in the snow.

after retrieving it you noticed it was mostly soaked from all the melted snow. you stood back up and walked into the cave.