To Be Thrown Under a Bus

hahaha, karma Red. this is karma.

____________________________________

last chapter (cuz you'll need it) 

   Pink then starts to force his way into control as America puts the key into the door of his home. He wants to run to him. Such a childish thing to do. He's such a baby sometimes. I don't like it out here either but you don't see me running from anything.

_____________________________ 

Red's POV:

Then I get thrown to the ground. I am lassoed and someone starts to choke me from behind. I can't move because of the rope that seems to get tighter every time I move. Another person comes and starts to repeatedly kick me in the sides and punch my stomach.

Then I hear America's voice. "Hay move! What's the problem?!" He yells. The one choking me let's go so now I can breath again. The one kicking me stopped, the one that lassoed me tied the rope and let go as well.

So now I'm laying on the ground defenseless and in no position to fight. I'm useless like this.

He sighs. "Hello there. May I ask why you followed me?" He says sternly. This is not my forte. I am not good at talking to people in this position. It only makes it worse for us. So I shove Pink in control and hope for the best.

"I'm sorry! I was just doing what I was told!" He said in panic. Oh god why. Really!? Can you not freak out for once in your life?

"Who told you to follow me and why?" America asked threateningly. "...Red did. He told me to follow you. I didn't want to, I swear!" Pink says. Thanks for telling him that you little nuisance.

"Why?!" America yells. Pink then starts to hyperventilate. Great. America whispers something under his breath and takes a deep breath. He bends down and sits us up. Then he unties the knot.

He looks at us and says. "I'm going to untie you, but before I do that you must promise me you won't run off. These woods are big, confusing and dangerous if you don't know your way around." No problem there chief. I don't want to go back in there! Not alone. God, now I sound like a little kid. Pink is a god damn infection, I swear!

"Dad what are you doing?! That's Nazi! Why are you-" says one of the kids. He was cut off with America's version of the death stare. They look confused and that's understandable.

He takes the rope off and tosses it. "Now just tell me why he wanted you to follow me. That's all I ask." He says calmly. 'Say nothing about the girl.' I say to Pink.

"...I'm not quite sure...sorry America..." He says looking at the ground. America looks suspicious but I don't care.

"Well how about this. I'm going to call Britain and tell him where you are. I'm going to say that everything is fine and you are staying with me for a little while and I'll bring you back tonight." America says. 'That sounds good to me.' Yeah me too Pink nods. "Cool! Well let's go inside then, it's freezing out here." America says. I agree, it's cold. We stand up and we all go inside.

We get inside and the Americans all sit down on the couch. "Hay N, you gunna sit down?" America asks. Pink shakes his head. "How come?" America asks. "I'm covered in dirt from the tackle earlier. I don't want to make a mess of your couch." He says. 'You're polite' I try

"Some dirt is nothing compared to the plethora of things that have been on this couch. Go ahead, it's not like it's hard to clean." America says, the kids nod. We sit down after a moment.

"Is something wrong N?" America asks. "Something is always wrong, you're going to need to be more specific." Pink says with a smile. America chuckles.

"I mean you look uncomfortable. Is there something on your mind?" America asks. "Always, it's impossible for me to not to be wondering about this, overthinking that, piecing together a puzzle I've been trying to solve for god knows how long. But currently? I'm just thinking about what Britain is doing right now. He's going to kill me." Pink replies. It wasn't a lie, but the girl was also taking our thoughts as well.

"I mean, yeah. He's probably pissed right now. But everything should be fine when I call him. Here lemme do that real quick." America says, pulling out what I was told is a modern day phone. It's a lot smaller so that's convenient. Also no wires. Still trying to figure that one out.

It rings three times. A quiet muffle with a British accent is all I can hear coming from the phone.

America sighs and clicks his tongue. "Well that's odd. He must be looking for you, he's not picking up. I guess I'll message him instead." He says. I just continue to watch. Nothing to do but observe I suppose.

He does something and a few seconds later he calls. "Hey dad, why weren't you answering?" America asks. Some angry British muffles. America chuckles. "Dad you never seem to have the time to talk to me."

More muffles. "He's sitting on the couch next to me. He got beat up by some of the states but other than that he's fine." America says leaning back nonchalantly. As if it's your average Tuesday or something.

Some threatening British mumbles. "Now hold your horses there killer. Let me explain what happened first." America says in the tone you use when someone is being irrationally stupid or violent. Pinks used that tone on me before. I still don't get it.

America gets ready to say something else but he looks over at me and stops. "Give me one second dad." America says standing up. "You four stay here. I'm going to get a better signal." He says and goes upstairs. 

________________________________

i love writing the same situation from different perspectives. its fun for me. do you like it? i hope so. also, im redrawing the cover of this book cuz damn, this art is OLD. cringe. but the new one will look nicer. 

anyways, toodaloo, 

-Grilly